Sign in with
Your question

Need some opinions about my rig anything will help thanks...

Last response: in Overclocking
April 18, 2010 10:17:02 PM

Hello,
I have a intel quad Q9550 over clocked to 3.7 GHz 444 x 8.5 cooled on air using cool master Hyper N620 at idle the temp is at 38c for all four cores and at load the temps go up to 58c to 60c for all four cores. I used prime95 all night and temps remaided at 60c to 64c with no errors is this a safe load temp for this CPU.

Also I want an honest opinon on my set up tell me what u think

i have an

intel Q9550 over clocked at 3.7 cooled on air with Cool master Hyper N620

on a gigabyte mobo EP45-UD3L

for video i have an OC GeForce GTX 260 max core 55

Ram i have 8gig OCZ Platinum 8500 DDR2 1066 clocked at that speed 533mhz x 2 with timmings of 5 5 5 15 I think i need tighter timmings? Ratio is 5:6 but i was told that 1:1 is better is it?

power suply 600watt

HDD is Western Digital Caviar Black 7200RPM 32MB Cache 600Gig

Windows 7 Ultimate 64bit ED.

this is my first OC and I would like to know what u guys think thanks....

More about : opinions rig

a c 102 à CPUs
a b K Overclocking
April 19, 2010 1:10:45 AM

Nice overclock - nice temps! Congratulations! Make sure you do not exceed the specified voltages on the CPU, and RAM.
m
l
April 19, 2010 6:04:22 AM

Ubrales said:
Nice overclock - nice temps! Congratulations! Make sure you do not exceed the specified voltages on the CPU, and RAM.

--------------------------------------------------------
Agree with you,getting a quad overclocked at 3.7ghz is very good.i Appreciate your work.
But look out for better stable overclocking and see whether you can acheive max of 3.9 to4g
without getting the system crashed(as i see that clock is factor for single threaded apps and there are lots of such apps).

i would rather dont recommend overclocking memory or do experiments with timings,but still
try if you want the last bit of juice from the system.

Best wishes for overclocking.
m
l
Related resources
a b à CPUs
a b K Overclocking
April 19, 2010 6:11:48 AM

It's not the best system out there...
But By my and most others' standards a pretty nice machine...
Could probably run most games (and I mean most) on very high settings...
I'd say that's a nice overclock and a nice system...
m
l
April 20, 2010 1:20:20 AM

Ubrales said:

I have them with in safe settings ram is at 2.0 volts and the CPU is at 1.3 volts
m
l
April 20, 2010 1:23:51 AM

Bout the only upgrade you could do or add would be an SSD drive.
:) 
m
l
April 20, 2010 1:34:01 AM

rajiv1990 said:
--------------------------------------------------------
Agree with you,getting a quad overclocked at 3.7ghz is very good.i Appreciate your work.
But look out for better stable overclocking and see whether you can acheive max of 3.9 to4g
without getting the system crashed(as i see that clock is factor for single threaded apps and there are lots of such apps).

i would rather dont recommend overclocking memory or do experiments with timings,but still
try if you want the last bit of juice from the system.

Best wishes for overclocking.

Thanks...

I have tried to OC at 4ghz but the heat sink fan would work too hard making too much noice and I was getting idle temps of 47c to 50c wich for me feels a little too hot for idle temps. Maby if I had a water cooled heat sink I would be able to push it to that speed but I am not a huge fan of water cooled heat sinks i dont know about u but water and electricity do not mix...

I agree with u on the memory. those setting were set on auto and I was kinda surprised to see that even though on auto the memory was clocked at 1066mhz usually on auto it clocks at 800mhz.
m
l
!