Watercooling videocards...

ironic_sobriquet

Distinguished
Feb 17, 2010
okay, so I'm curious...
I'm really interested in the concepts of water cooling, and I came up with two ideas that I want some opinions on...

the imaginary setup I'm trying to cool is a i7 930 with two HD5870s with a single, continuous loop cooling system

-First, was having swiftech pump/radiator/reservoir combos in between each of the components. (really expensive)
-Second, was having swiftech pump/radiator/reservoir combos before the processor and before the first graphics card and then a swiftech radiator/reservoir combo in between the first and second graphics card. (still expensive, but ~ $100 cheaper)
-Third, was just having one swiftech pump/radiator/reservoir combo before the processor and a swiftech radiator/reservoir combo before the first graphics card and another one before the second.
-Fourth, was having one swiftech pump/radiator/reservoir combo before the main processor and a swiftech radiator/reservoir combo before the first graphics then a direct link to the second card with no cooling in between.

I wasn't sure how the fourth idea would affect the temps of the second card, I know a lot of people don't cool their coolant before sending it to the second card in a series... but are there any pitfalls of doing it this way? obviously the second card gets hotter coolant...

also, how many pumps would I need for a circuit like this? (I'm accounting for ~25 inches of hosing as the radiators will be rack mounted under the case)

-Ian

fisshy

Distinguished
Nov 25, 2009
Option 4 Would Probably be your best bet.

For one it would not bankrupt you

You Would Probably need either 2 Smaller pumps @ each Radiator reservoir/radiator Combo Or just One High power Pump @ The First Combo System Before The CPU.

It would Be a nice system. no doubt expensive but incredibly high quality Radiators + Reservoirs