Sign in with
Sign up | Sign in
Your question

palm m105 keyboard

Last response: in Cell Phones & Smartphones
Share
Anonymous
June 20, 2005 12:11:13 AM

Archived from groups: comp.sys.palmtops (More info?)

hi
is there a portable keyboard for the palm m105 I have seen lots of keyboards
but they do not mention compatibility with the m105
tia
velc

--
remove both yourteeth to reply
velc

More about : palm m105 keyboard

Anonymous
June 21, 2005 9:56:34 AM

Archived from groups: comp.sys.palmtops (More info?)

On Sun 19 Jun 2005 01:11:13p, velc, wrote:

> hi
> is there a portable keyboard for the palm m105 I have seen lots of
> keyboards but they do not mention compatibility with the m105
> tia
> velc
>

They show up on eBay all the time. Here's one at...

http://tinyurl.com/9unac

This is brand new, has a "Buy It Now" price of $10 and there is an $8 S/H
charge. But you can probably find one even cheaper if you watch eBay for
a while.

As for mentioning "m105" -- it seems like a lot keyboard advertisers
don't mention it for some reason. Probably because the keyboards came out
before the m100 or m105 and those models aren't listed on the package.

These Palm Portable (aka Think Outside Stowaway) keyboards are great. I
wish they made one for my Treo 300.

--
RonB
"There's a story there...somewhere"
Anonymous
June 21, 2005 12:45:46 PM

Archived from groups: comp.sys.palmtops (More info?)

RonB wrote:

> On Sun 19 Jun 2005 01:11:13p, velc, wrote:
>
>> hi
>> is there a portable keyboard for the palm m105 I have seen lots of
>> keyboards but they do not mention compatibility with the m105
>> tia
>> velc
>>
>
> They show up on eBay all the time. Here's one at...
>
> http://tinyurl.com/9unac
>
> This is brand new, has a "Buy It Now" price of $10 and there is an $8 S/H
> charge. But you can probably find one even cheaper if you watch eBay for
> a while.
>
> As for mentioning "m105" -- it seems like a lot keyboard advertisers
> don't mention it for some reason. Probably because the keyboards came out
> before the m100 or m105 and those models aren't listed on the package.
>
> These Palm Portable (aka Think Outside Stowaway) keyboards are great. I
> wish they made one for my Treo 300.

I believe that the M105 is rarely mentioned because some keyboards are
designed long after the days of the M105. I had the same issue when I
bought a keyboard for my M130 two years ago (I still use that keyboard with
my Tungsten).

The keyboards are assumed to have a relatively narrow 'target-audience'
among the M100 series. Some of the modern Palm keyboards cost more than a
second-hand Palm handheld of a good make. It is assumed that an M105 user
might as well spend the money on a newer PDA /before/ acquiring a keyboard.

Roy

--
Roy S. Schestowitz
http://Schestowitz.com
Related resources
Anonymous
June 21, 2005 12:45:47 PM

Archived from groups: comp.sys.palmtops (More info?)

On Tue 21 Jun 2005 01:45:46a, Roy Schestowitz, wrote:

> I believe that the M105 is rarely mentioned because some keyboards
> are designed long after the days of the M105. I had the same issue
> when I bought a keyboard for my M130 two years ago (I still use that
> keyboard with my Tungsten).
>
> The keyboards are assumed to have a relatively narrow
> 'target-audience' among the M100 series. Some of the modern Palm
> keyboards cost more than a second-hand Palm handheld of a good make.
> It is assumed that an M105 user might as well spend the money on a
> newer PDA /before/ acquiring a keyboard.

Definitely, if the keyboards were still full priced. But new Palm
Portable keyboards are selling very cheaply on eBay. One person is
selling shrink wrapped m500 (universal connection) Palm Portable
keyboards for $2 each (plus $7 s/h) or a lot of 5 keyboards for $5 (plus
$20 s/h for the lot). New keyboards for the V and Vx PDAs are almost as
cheap -- and (now) keyboards for the III and m100 series are selling new
for about $10 on a regular basis and often less (they used to in the $2
or $3 range).

Even the Palm Ultra-Thin (XT class Stowaway) keyboards can regularly be
found in the $20 range, especially if you want one for a Clie.

--
RonB
"There's a story there...somewhere"
Anonymous
June 21, 2005 11:35:05 PM

Archived from groups: comp.sys.palmtops (More info?)

hi
thanks all
i have found one one e-bay for £2.99uk
i could not part with my m105 it is great
for my purpose (very large record data base) thanks for the help and advice
velc
"RonB" <ronbNOSPAM@bliz.org> wrote in message
news:Xns967C15DCD3B24ezboard1lycoscom@204.153.244.170...
> On Tue 21 Jun 2005 01:45:46a, Roy Schestowitz, wrote:
>
>> I believe that the M105 is rarely mentioned because some keyboards
>> are designed long after the days of the M105. I had the same issue
>> when I bought a keyboard for my M130 two years ago (I still use that
>> keyboard with my Tungsten).
>>
>> The keyboards are assumed to have a relatively narrow
>> 'target-audience' among the M100 series. Some of the modern Palm
>> keyboards cost more than a second-hand Palm handheld of a good make.
>> It is assumed that an M105 user might as well spend the money on a
>> newer PDA /before/ acquiring a keyboard.
>
> Definitely, if the keyboards were still full priced. But new Palm
> Portable keyboards are selling very cheaply on eBay. One person is
> selling shrink wrapped m500 (universal connection) Palm Portable
> keyboards for $2 each (plus $7 s/h) or a lot of 5 keyboards for $5 (plus
> $20 s/h for the lot). New keyboards for the V and Vx PDAs are almost as
> cheap -- and (now) keyboards for the III and m100 series are selling new
> for about $10 on a regular basis and often less (they used to in the $2
> or $3 range).
>
> Even the Palm Ultra-Thin (XT class Stowaway) keyboards can regularly be
> found in the $20 range, especially if you want one for a Clie.
>
> --
> RonB
> "There's a story there...somewhere"
!