bluescreen on windows startup

G

hey guys, just tried building my first system and already having some issues getting it to run

I used the following components:

Asrock P43Twins1600 motherboard
Intel E8400
Mushkin 2x 1gb ddr2 800mhz ram
Asus HD4670

old components used:

Western digital 250gb hdd (dont know what model its older)
some 500watt psu I had from around 2003

So... I can get it to boot to bios and everything, but when I go to start windows it flashes a bluescreen saying something about an error detected and system shutting down to prevent damage.

One thing Im not sure about... The mobo has bios 1.10, on the asrock site it says support for E8400 with bios 1.20.
Ive installed the ram in dual channel mode, Ive removed and reinstalled ram and gpu I cant see any visible shorts anywhere
I checked bios settings, ram is at 400mhz, everything else seems to be normal

I would greatly appreciate any help with this.

Your system should Stop with error 0x0000007B. You'll have to reinstall Windows to resolve your issue. Moving a boot disk to a new system having a different chipset without using MergeIDE or another adequate preparation procedure to ensure that the required chipset drivers will be loaded leads to 0x0000007B system crashes.

G

Thankyou very much for the help, I reinstalled the os and she works like a top now. Very much appreciated.

Hopefull I can work on my gaming system now with a little more confidence. Cheers mate. :wahoo:

TRENDING THREADS