Maniacal

Distinguished
Dec 30, 2008
Bit of a noobish question...I just built a computer for gaming and have everything up and running for awhile now. The only thing that has baffled me is my board came with an sli/xfire switch card and my mobo instruction manual only has instructions for hooking up crossfire, why did it come with an sli/xfire switch card i'm just completely lost on that. Any help is much appreciated!

boop334

Distinguished
May 24, 2008
i looked at it on newegg and it looks to me that one side is for one card (x16) and the other side is for crossfire or sli (x8/x8) just find out where you put that in (it should be the same for both) and you should be good to go

boop334

Distinguished
May 24, 2008
oh it just goes in the slot on the mobo where it was in the pic, if you are going for crossfire or SLI just flip it over (for x8/x8) and if you are using a single card just leave it set to x16

Maniacal

Distinguished
Dec 30, 2008
while i think of it...know a good place to get an sli bridge...i've been looking all over newegg for it but can't find one and the mobo came with neither a crossfire or sli bridge

Contact ASRock, as they are the ones who would know the distance between tha PCI-e slots on your particular board as this does not seem to follow any standard hence why the bridge or bridges should be supplied with the mobo.

As they say every day is a school day, Whats all this about distances being differant ? I was of the opinion that you either got the short connector SIL or Crossfire that connected cards in side by side slots, or the longer one that ran from slot 1 to slot 3 for boatrds that run the 16x16 option between slot 1 and slot 3. ?

mactronix

Thats news to me i usually get the Bridges supplied with the cards. I guess if the spacing is different then i makes sense for the board to come with the bridges but i have not heard of it before.
As i said every day's a school day :)

Mactronix

I've never had a bridge supplied with any cards be it XFX, Asus, MSI or Pallit and the last card purchased was a 9600GT from Zotac and that never came with an SLI bridge either. Where are you getting your cards from?

TRENDING THREADS