320-P2-N811-RX 320-P2-N811-AR Compatability

I have an older 8800gts 320mb AR model, newegg has re-certified 8800gts 320mb for $80.00, but they are the RX model. So I was wondering if those two are compatible, or if this would even be worth it? I would also have to replace my mobo to be able to do sli. Would a better option simply be to buy something like a 260?
8 answers Last reply
More about n811 n811 compatability
  1. What`s the rest of your spec? What resoloution do you play at and, most importaint of all, what PSU do you have?
  2. With only 320MB of texture memory you might be better off getting a new modern card... especially if you'd need to buy a new mobo too. Instead, put that extra money towards a new card. That aside, I think that the RX suffix means that the card is refurbished and is not actually a different model.

-mcg
  3. coozie7 said:
    What`s the rest of your spec? What resoloution do you play at and, most importaint of all, what PSU do you have?

Core 2 duo 2.4ghz, 4g 800mhz mem, Enermax liberty 500w psu, and I play at 1680 x 1050. Do you think my psu may come uop short?
  4. Your PSU is fine showing 44A on the 12v rails.
    Either the GTX260 or the HD4870 would be a good choice and would allow you to really max out the AA/AF at your res, both now and next year. If money is a little tighter (when is n`t it?) the HD4850/9800GTX/GTX+ will give good results for a smaller outlay.
    And no, the SLI option is not a good one, as MRCOMMUNISTGEN said.
  5. Great thanks for the help... One other question. The board I currently have has a single pcie 16x slot will that be compatible with a pcie 2.0 card?
  6. Yes. ALL PCI-E cards are compatable with ALL PCI-E slots.
  7. 99%+ sure that the PCI-E 2.0 card will be compatible with your PCI-E 1.0 motherboard, but it would help to know the model. There are only a handful of exceptions to the compatibility rule... I think mostly low end SiS chipsets and the like but I'd have to look it up.

-mcg
  8. MrCommunistGen said:
    99%+ sure that the PCI-E 2.0 card will be compatible with your PCI-E 1.0 motherboard, but it would help to know the model. There are only a handful of exceptions to the compatibility rule... I think mostly low end SiS chipsets and the like but I'd have to look it up.

-mcg

GIGABYTE GA-965P-DS3 (rev. 1.3) LGA 775 Intel P965 Express

Newegg link:
    http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16813128042

Again thanks for everyone's help! :D
Ask a new question

Read More

Nvidia Compatibility Graphics Product