Sign in with
Your question

How too gain access too HHD with my old pictures?

Last response: in Storage
May 19, 2010 10:52:38 PM

I got new pc rig and installed windows 7 on it so i am trying get old pictures from my old HHD with windows xp but i had account password on it so does not let me copy too files now, is there a way too removed the password i cant load windows now for some reason so i cant manually load windows and do it.
a b $ Windows 7
a b G Storage
May 19, 2010 11:55:04 PM

Simple, fit the old hard drive to your new computer, select documents and settings on the old hard drive Windows 7 will ask you if you want permission to access the files enter password, wait a few seconds. Done.
m
l
May 20, 2010 1:02:23 AM

does not show me too put password at all just says access denied
m
l
a c 209 $ Windows 7
a c 415 G Storage
May 20, 2010 4:52:47 PM

Sign on to an account with administrative privileges on your new computer with the drive connected to it. Right-click on the folder tree you want to access and select "properties", click on the "Security" tab and then click the "Advanced" button.

To gain access to the files, you first need to take ownership if the folder AND all it's contents. Once you've done that, you can then change the permissions for "Administrators" or for "Users" to "full control", which will allow access.

m
l
!