Sign in with
Your question

Cogage True Spirit Install and general help

Last response: in Overclocking
April 21, 2010 1:46:36 AM

I'm building a new system and purchased the Cogage True Spirit. I like it's size much better than my old tuniq Tower. Anyways, I had a few questions. I have my system set up like shown here:

http://www.cogage.com/a_page/cpu_cooler/true_spirit/ins...

I have a case fan pulling IN air towards my cpu....so the fan mounted onto the cooler should be blowing INTO or AWAY from the heatsink?

Also, how mcuh should it be tightened? I'm using a new revision of the True Spirit that uses spring pins instead of the push pins shown in the instructions. Right now the heatsink will move slightly but it can't really go anywhere...I'm just worried about overtightening to the motherboard.
a b K Overclocking
April 21, 2010 1:49:15 AM

The fan should be pushing air through the heatsink, as in the front is intake back is exhaust.

Can't tell much about the mounting system, but on the Xigmatek bolt in kit, it will stop turning once the right tension is reached.
m
l
a b K Overclocking
April 21, 2010 2:38:28 PM

Ok just to clarify. you have a Fan at the Front of your machine, then you will have your CPU Cooler And then Your Exhaust Fan. Front Fan->>CPU->>Exhaust->>

With this setup you would Want the Fan on the Cooler At the Closest side to your front fan, pushing air through the Heatsink.

Good Luck :D 

BTW is this cooler compatible for LGA 775?
m
l
Related resources
April 23, 2010 1:50:01 AM

I got a new revision (new packaging and slightly different heatsink look) but so far it is only for 1366

I had some install issues as it simply wouldn't tigthen completely and ipushing on it will cause it to slide slightly, but it has no place to go. This was an issue when trying to attach the fan. The fan uses these two wire clamps but they simply would not hold so I had to rig them with some extra wire. However, temps seem alright so far
m
l
a b K Overclocking
April 25, 2010 8:56:17 AM

That's a let down...

Cool stuff, dig the ingenuity.

Enjoy:D 
m
l
!