ny_nick

Distinguished
Feb 28, 2009
Im running a core 2 duo e7300 2.66ghz on a p5q pro. I have been able to successfully able to oc it to about 2.96 but i would like to try to get it to 3.0+ ghz

for some reason when i try to get over 2.96 i start getting errors on startup or sometimes it will start up but when i run prime95 i get errors. I have seen alot of threads where this same cpu has been overclocked to 3.0+++ Any suggestions? AI booster seems to be the best way to overclock things as if i try to oc via the bios windows usually wont start up.. Do i need to and when do i need to up the voltage to the cpu. and which voltage to i increase. cpu or cpu pll voltage. Any advice and help would be appreciated

Mondoman

Splendid
AI booster or other non-BIOS methods will just cause problems. Check out the excellent overclocking guides listed as forum stickies in the "Overclocking" section. Also remember that it's not the "same" CPU in other threads, as all CPUs are different. The e7300 should have good OC potential, but it's not guaranteed.

ny_nick

Distinguished
Feb 28, 2009
well the problem is i tried to overclock using the ai tweaker in the bios but it seems like every time i try the system will not load windows until i reset default. it just says overclock failt press f1 to enter setup or f2 to load defaults and continue. what voltage do i need to be at to overclock to 3.0 or more

smithereen

Distinguished
Oct 4, 2008
Trial and error, my friend, trial and error. Just try boosting it in small increments until your temps get a little too toasty. When you're done OCing, run Prime95, and if you get errors, drop the OC or add more voltage. If you get hot temps, drop both.