I get C++ runtime error when I try to open word documents.

compwiz

Distinguished
May 8, 2011
Recently when I try to open a WORD document I get C++ runtime error as follows:

C:\Program Files\Microsoft Office\OFFICE11\WINWORD.EXE

This application has requested the Runtime to terminate it in an unusual way. Please contact the application's support team for more informatio.

Is there any way I can fix this myself without having to pay a fee?

Thanks

compwiz

Distinguished
May 8, 2011

I could not find them through the MS download link on my browser.
Could you be more specific where to find them? I reinstalled my MS office but did not help. I still have the same problem.

Thanks a lot

compwiz

Distinguished
May 8, 2011
Eventually I could figure it out. I explain it here for the good of the public.

Shortly before the problem with WORD started about three weeks ago few messages about some license expiration came on the screen for a fraction of a second; I could not read them.

Two days ago I received an update from "Acrobat." After installing it a small window would open on the top left corner of the "Outlook" program and would not go away. Calling the "Acrobat" I found out they no longer support MS Office 2003 and "Acorbat 8 standard" which are the softwares I have on my HD. Nowadays they are into MS Office 2010 and Acrobat 10 according to their Helpdesk.

The final and practical solution for the time being was un-installing the "Acrobat." As soon as I did that the problem with WORD disappeared. I do not need the "Acrobat" anymore so my problem is solved.
:lol:

compwiz

Distinguished
May 8, 2011
After removing my Acrobat I could not open PDF files on internet sites so I downloaded a reader called "NUANCE" off internet for free. This does not cause any problem with MS WORD.