Sign in with
Your question

Asus P6T bios keep resetting

Last response: in Motherboards
April 11, 2009 5:16:44 AM

Okay, as the title, the bios of my Asus P6T keep resetting if I shut down my whole pc and it only happens if I shut down, not restarting.
It do sounds like battery problem to me but I Think I need to ask you guys before I change the battery.

Thanks in advance

April 15, 2009 11:46:33 PM

It is not the battery! I have the same problem and have replaced everything including the board four times with the same problem. What are your parts in your system, maybe they are the same as mine. You can check my post because I listed all of mine there.
Asus is trying to diagnose the problem but have not had any luck yet...It is a real pain. Let me know.
April 16, 2009 8:06:30 AM

xyzionz said:
Okay, as the title, the bios of my Asus P6T keep resetting if I shut down my whole pc and it only happens if I shut down, not restarting.
It do sounds like battery problem to me but I Think I need to ask you guys before I change the battery.

Thanks in advance

If there was a battery problem (eg it had run out), the BIOS would only reset when the computer was unplugged and no power could be supplied to the BIOS chip. If the power was still connected, it shouldn't reset as it still has power going to it.
Related resources
August 7, 2009 5:50:22 PM

I got the same problem. Even restart the PC without power down does reset sometime my bios. Incresently often. Wondering if someone found the cause in the meanwhile? I use my board 1/2 year and it was running great. Also I would guess the bios battery.
October 11, 2009 7:14:36 AM

I have the same problem. I exchanged the motherboard and same thing! Only the Date/Time get reset, the rest of the bios settings remain the same.

Asus P6T mobo
EVGA GTX 295
Corsair 850 Power Supply
Corsair 6gb pc-1600 triple channel ram.
I7 920 oc'ed to 4ghz.
OCZ SSD HD's (x2 in raid 0)

My setup is almost identical to the system I built for my brother and his doesn't do it. Only difference is he has a SATA burner whereas mine has an EIDE/PATA burner.
October 11, 2009 5:15:54 PM

I updated the bios firmware. We'll see if it helps.
October 11, 2009 10:14:19 PM

updated bios firmware had no effect, still resets sometimes.
October 13, 2009 1:51:01 AM

OK finally figured out the problem. After going through 2 more motherboards. It's the Corsair 850 HX power supply that was faulty. It was shorting out the motherboard on shut down or something.
December 4, 2009 6:11:49 PM

I had the same problem with the bios losing its settings when the PC was switched off. In my case it turned out to be the PCI graphics card - ironically an ASUS card [an EN6300GT] - that I was using to test out my installation. Replacing this fixed the problem
!