Sign in with
Your question
Closed

Control panel does not open in xp

Last response: in Windows XP
May 8, 2011 11:00:37 PM

Hello,i cannot access anything on control panel like system,add or or remove program and everything,and cannot open my computer property.an error message promt("windows cannot find'c:\\windows\system32\rundll32.exe'.)something like this,what can i do?

More about : control panel open

May 9, 2011 3:43:37 AM

arpan debnath said:
Hello,i cannot access anything on control panel like system,add or or remove program and everything,and cannot open my computer property.an error message promt("windows cannot find'c:\\windows\system32\rundll32.exe'.)something like this,what can i do?

It looks like the RunDLL file is corrupted. Which service pack you are using? If your service pack is not updated try updating the service pack so that the RunDLL file can be updated.

You can also do the otherway. Copy working RunDLL file from someone's working PC from the location find'c:\\windows\system32\rundll32.exe and overwrite it in your find'c:\\windows\system32\rundll32.exe. Try it in safe mode.

Let me know if it works.

http://www.dll-files.com will also help you to find working version of your corrupted DLL files.
Score
April 8, 2013 7:27:09 PM

maher michel amin said:
arpan debnath said:

What you want to say by quoting the 2 years old thread?

That was your very first post Mr Amin. And you have posted a spam in your very first post. Please don't do that.
Score
April 8, 2013 7:31:44 PM

If you are having the same issue, Please create a new thread about it.

Thanks.
Score
!