Sign in with
Sign up | Sign in
Your question

Please help me clock my DDR3 ram.

Last response: in Overclocking
Share
April 21, 2010 9:47:47 PM

Hi, I recently purchased the following.
GIGABYTE GA-770TA-UD3
AMD ATH II X3 435 AM3
GSKILL F3-12800CL7D-4GBRM (2X2GB)
SAPPHIRE HD4850 512M

I cannot seem to get the clocking for the ram right in the bios.
I tried changing the timings 7-8-7-24 2N and voltage to 1.6 with no luck.

G.SKILL Ripjaws Series 4GB (2 x 2GB) 240-Pin DDR3 SDRAM DDR3 1600 (PC3 12800) Desktop Memory Model F3-12800CL7D-4GBRM
Cas Latency: 7
Voltage: 1.65V
Multi-channel Kit: Dual Channel Kit
Timing: 7-8-7-24-2N
Model #: F3-12800CL7D-4GBRM
Item #: N82E16820231303

What should I try next?

More about : clock ddr3 ram

a b } Memory
a b K Overclocking
April 21, 2010 10:58:09 PM

What is the speed currently set to? I'd suggest trying lower in the 1066 or 1333 range at least at first (though there is not a ton of benefit going over 1333).
m
0
l
a b K Overclocking
April 22, 2010 1:15:46 PM

Did you set the voltage to 1.6 or 1.65? They are technically spec'd for 1.65, so I'd give that a try. And what is meant by changing the timings with no luck?
m
0
l
Related resources
a b K Overclocking
April 22, 2010 1:27:00 PM

Gamerx07 said:
Hi, I recently purchased the following.
GIGABYTE GA-770TA-UD3
AMD ATH II X3 435 AM3
GSKILL F3-12800CL7D-4GBRM (2X2GB)
SAPPHIRE HD4850 512M

I cannot seem to get the clocking for the ram right in the bios.
I tried changing the timings 7-8-7-24 2N and voltage to 1.6 with no luck.

G.SKILL Ripjaws Series 4GB (2 x 2GB) 240-Pin DDR3 SDRAM DDR3 1600 (PC3 12800) Desktop Memory Model F3-12800CL7D-4GBRM
Cas Latency: 7
Voltage: 1.65V
Multi-channel Kit: Dual Channel Kit
Timing: 7-8-7-24-2N
Model #: F3-12800CL7D-4GBRM
Item #: N82E16820231303

What should I try next?

I got the same exact RAM and I am able to set it at 1600Mhz & 7-8-7-24 and even able to set it at 1T. But I got an X3 720BE and an MSI 790FX.
Could it be possible that the Memory controller of the X3 435 is holding the RAM back?
m
0
l
a b K Overclocking
April 22, 2010 6:05:28 PM

It may be the uncore in the chip, it may be the interconnects, or it could be the RAM itself.

I've got that same RAM, and I was able to run them at a bit tighter timings than you at 1.5v, but I haven't played around with it any since I overclocked my Xeon.
m
0
l
April 23, 2010 12:14:47 AM

EXT64 said:
What is the speed currently set to? I'd suggest trying lower in the 1066 or 1333 range at least at first (though there is not a ton of benefit going over 1333).



If I look in CPU-Z the Memory tab sais.
DRAM Freq 669.6 MHz
FSB DRAM 3:10
CL 9 clocks
tRCD 9 clocks
Trp 9 clocks
tRAS 24 clocks
tRC 22 clocks
CR 1T

The SPD tab sais the max bandwidth is PC3-10700 (667MHz)
m
0
l
April 23, 2010 12:17:38 AM

jedimasterben said:
Did you set the voltage to 1.6 or 1.65? They are technically spec'd for 1.65, so I'd give that a try. And what is meant by changing the timings with no luck?


In the BIOS DIMM settings I changed it from 9, 9, 9, 25 to 7, 8, 7, 24.
I also changed the voltage to 1.6. I do not think 1.65 was an option in the BIOS.
m
0
l
April 23, 2010 12:28:47 AM

In the BIOS, DRAM config.
I changed the DDR3 timings to manual.
Then I changed the settings from 9,9,9,25 to 7,8,7,24. I didnt change any of the trfc's, delays or times.
Then I set the system voltage to manual.
Changed the DRAM voltage control to 1.6. I also tried 1.62 and 1.64.
1.66 was RED so i didnt try that.
The lowest value was 1.5.
None of these settings worked for me but I am not sure if I did anything right!


Update. This is Gamerx07. I forgot about that account info long ago but work PC must of had the info saved.
m
0
l
!