Sign in with
Your question
Solved

New to overclocking GPU

Last response: in Overclocking
April 22, 2010 1:00:07 PM

ok im planning on overclocking my 9400GT. it idles at around 35C-40C. and under load goes to around 55C-60C. is that cool enough to overclock?

ok next what is the best way to overclock it? i have Amd Overdrive and MSI Dual core Center. can i overclock with either of those? or is there some other program?

any help would be appreciated

More about : overclocking gpu

a b U Graphics card
a b K Overclocking
April 22, 2010 1:31:02 PM

Overclocking a 9400GT is like putting whipped cream on poop, i'm not trying to be a jerk here but the 9400 GT is not a gaming video card in a matter of speaking. It can handle some games at lower settings and such but since it is already not powerful, overclocking it would only yield about an average of a 3% gain in games.

Is it worth the prospect of burning out the video card for a 3% gain?
m
l
April 22, 2010 2:07:42 PM

jonpaul37 said:
Overclocking a 9400GT is like putting whipped cream on poop, i'm not trying to be a jerk here but the 9400 GT is not a gaming video card in a matter of speaking. It can handle some games at lower settings and such but since it is already not powerful, overclocking it would only yield about an average of a 3% gain in games.

Is it worth the prospect of burning out the video card for a 3% gain?

haha yea i knew it was a piece of junk. only 3% increase? well i dont see much point if thats all im going to get out of it.
m
l
Related resources
a b U Graphics card
a c 295 K Overclocking
April 22, 2010 3:16:08 PM

Hi.

Maybe this can help to u.
m
l

Best solution

a b U Graphics card
a b K Overclocking
April 22, 2010 3:22:11 PM

CrysisComa said:
haha yea i knew it was a piece of junk. only 3% increase? well i dont see much point if thats all im going to get out of it.

Well, just to let you know, i learned this the hard way, i overclocked my GeForce 8600 and it did not provide much of an increase in performance and i ended up frying it...

I bought it for $30.00 and kinda did this on purpose to see how far it could be pushed compared to what kind of increase in performance i could get...
April 22, 2010 5:45:50 PM

jonpaul37 said:
Well, just to let you know, i learned this the hard way, i overclocked my GeForce 8600 and it did not provide much of an increase in performance and i ended up frying it...

I bought it for $30.00 and kinda did this on purpose to see how far it could be pushed compared to what kind of increase in performance i could get...

yea im planning on ditching this piece of junk soon. i just wanted to see if i could get anything more out of it. thanx for the help
m
l
April 22, 2010 5:46:04 PM

Best answer selected by CrysisComa.
m
l
!