Solved

New to overclocking GPU

ok im planning on overclocking my 9400GT. it idles at around 35C-40C. and under load goes to around 55C-60C. is that cool enough to overclock?

ok next what is the best way to overclock it? i have Amd Overdrive and MSI Dual core Center. can i overclock with either of those? or is there some other program?


any help would be appreciated
6 answers Last reply Best Answer
More about overclocking
  1. Overclocking a 9400GT is like putting whipped cream on poop, i'm not trying to be a jerk here but the 9400 GT is not a gaming video card in a matter of speaking. It can handle some games at lower settings and such but since it is already not powerful, overclocking it would only yield about an average of a 3% gain in games.

    Is it worth the prospect of burning out the video card for a 3% gain?
  2. jonpaul37 said:
    Overclocking a 9400GT is like putting whipped cream on poop, i'm not trying to be a jerk here but the 9400 GT is not a gaming video card in a matter of speaking. It can handle some games at lower settings and such but since it is already not powerful, overclocking it would only yield about an average of a 3% gain in games.

    Is it worth the prospect of burning out the video card for a 3% gain?



    haha yea i knew it was a piece of junk. only 3% increase? well i dont see much point if thats all im going to get out of it.
  3. Hi.

    Maybe this can help to u.
  4. Best answer
    CrysisComa said:
    haha yea i knew it was a piece of junk. only 3% increase? well i dont see much point if thats all im going to get out of it.



    Well, just to let you know, i learned this the hard way, i overclocked my GeForce 8600 and it did not provide much of an increase in performance and i ended up frying it...

    I bought it for $30.00 and kinda did this on purpose to see how far it could be pushed compared to what kind of increase in performance i could get...
  5. jonpaul37 said:
    Well, just to let you know, i learned this the hard way, i overclocked my GeForce 8600 and it did not provide much of an increase in performance and i ended up frying it...

    I bought it for $30.00 and kinda did this on purpose to see how far it could be pushed compared to what kind of increase in performance i could get...



    yea im planning on ditching this piece of junk soon. i just wanted to see if i could get anything more out of it. thanx for the help
  6. Best answer selected by CrysisComa.
Ask a new question

Read More

Graphics Cards Overclocking GPUs