Memory dump problem

Kodiak1779

Distinguished
Mar 21, 2009
Ok so I have the PSU issue delt with from the last time. Thanks everyone for you help in that matter.
Now, I'm really confused about a different issue. I went to the crucial website and tried to run their crucial scan to best fit RAM. My comp blue screened and went into a system memory dump. Thought maybe it was a fluke so I tried it again to the same results.
On a different occurance I downloaded Ntune and Nvidiamoniter. The second I tried to open either app. the same happened as stated above. The system went into a memory dump with blue screen. So my question is, "why does this happen and how do I correct it?"

Any help here would be wounderful.

Kodiak1779

Distinguished
Mar 21, 2009
Foxconn G31MX 2.0 series mobo
Intel core2quad q8200 processor
evga geforce 8400GS GPU pcie x16 512mb
4 gigs of unknown manufacturer RAM
480w PSU (still haven't recieved my new PSU from newegg yet should be here monday)
DVDRW
320gb sata2 hdd

That's all of the components in the case. Thank you for your time and efforts on this.

Kodiak1779

Distinguished
Mar 21, 2009
I've used cpu-z to find out what the maker of it is. To my suprise it doesn't list one. I've pulled the chips out and inspected them and can't seem to find one there either. If you need the timeings they are:

800mhz (running dual channel so they read 400mhz)
FSB:DRAM 5:6
CL 6
tRCD 6
tRP 6
tRAS 18
CR 2T
1.8V

I'm really sorry I wish I had more information about them but I can't seem to find any. If you need any further info I'll have to call IBUYPOWER's tech support to see if they know the maker. Oh yes I forgot to mention it in my first post, my OS is vista home premium x64.

Oh yes I forgot to mention it in my first post, my OS is vista home premium x64.
That's very important. The old and useless Crucial Scanner that you downloaded crashes a 64-bit OS if you don't run it in compatibility mode. Why do you run NVidia applications on a system with an Intel chipset?

Kodiak1779

Distinguished
Mar 21, 2009
I just ran it to see what it would come up with. Nothing fancy just figured I'd try it. And again Ntune and Nvidiamoniter do the same thing. No idea why but they do. I have a set of mushkin ram on order, hopefully it helps. It'll be the first time for me using mushkin. I've done alot of research on the mushkin and it seems alot of ppl are happy with it.

I do apologize for my noobness on this subject. I was attempting the nvidia apps. for the purpose of trying OC'ing. Figured it has an nvidia GPU so use the nvidia software. Again I am sorry that I'm new to the OC'ing world.

Thank you for your time and efforts on this.

Replacing the RAM probably won't prevent those applications from crashing your system. On the other hand, Ntune and Nvidiamoniter shouldn't crash the system (at least it didn't crash mine when I tried Ntune, but I might have downloaded a different version). Did you download the latest version?

Kodiak1779

Distinguished
Mar 21, 2009
I google searched it to find it, so I'm guessing I had the right version of it. Which site would you suggest to load it off of?

It has to be downloaded from NVidia. If it crashes your system (and you really really weant to use those utilities), then you should contact NVidia as there's nothing wrong with your system if other applications work fine.