On startup, no sound until I open/start Ventrilo?

mi1ez

Splendid
Hmm... Sounds like it should be starting itself, presumably in the background.

Are you running XP or Vista (or 7) or a Mac?

Try re-installing it or, as a workaround, add it to startup under start>programs (Windows)

action2288

Distinguished
Mar 11, 2007

XP Home SP3

Try reinstalling Vent or my sound drivers/sound software, or both?

caskachan

Distinguished
Mar 27, 2006
If you have INTEGRATED HDMI Audio like the ATI 740 or 780 chipzet, and installed all drivers you will have a "ATI SOUND OUT" or somethign similar as audio device, this device is used to output audio to the HDMI, the problme is that sometimes windows doesnt know whichw ay to send you audio trough the "HD Raltek Audio output" or the "Ati audio output", so to make usre go to control panel and into sound options, to the third tab i think its sound device, and use the Realtek HD one, or whatever sound card you use, it is probably set to the HDMI output

ventrilo knows that you want to use the normal outputs and sets it

that happened ot me, if this isnt it, sorry ;S

Oh, and the same thing will happen if you recently installed a new [ATI] GPU with HDMI audio; it will set itself to be your default sound output device when you install it. You'd think they'd at least have a checkbox...

action2288

Distinguished
Mar 11, 2007
That complex solution ended up not working for me. Oddly enough, uninstalling Ventrilo, and then my sound drivers, and then reinstalling the sound drivers and then Ventrilo, DID work. Now everything is fine. Thanks! Computers are weird sometimes.