Is my LCD monitor broke?

taylortolliver

Distinguished
Feb 24, 2009
well winter came around. and whenever my monitor got cold, and id wake the computer up from sleep, after a few second the computer screen would flicker and like squeek and squeal and id have to out my heater close to it to warm it up in order to get it to work right. and last night i went to bed, and when i woke up, my monitor wouldnt turn on at all. the power going to it is fine as ive replaced it temporarily with a fat CRT monitor.

so yea. it wont turn on. is this thing now junk? if you need any more info, feel free to ask.

Gordobobo

Distinguished
Apr 29, 2008
Back in old days a CRT would need a lot of time to warm up, it need to warm up to show anything.
Now we have some eletronic components that make it faster.
LCD is not different but is a bit more complicated to explain, the fact is that we are still learning how to build efficient LCD screens and we cannot build them to big. Bigger the screen = harder to make the image look good and more time to "warm up".
If your screen is an old model then it might reached some component life time and u can try fix it (find some especialized place) if your screen isnt old then it has something mal functioning inside. The screen itself is fine, the prob are those components that speed the warm up.

sry, my english suck.