driver per LG BH10LS30

Status
Not open for further replies.
G

I can not find the driver, actually even not the burner, at LG site. Does anyone know were to find this damn driver?

Solution
G
I have similar problems, LG reads DVDs and CDs but not blu ray, it did once but that's it. Getting bored with updating firmware and drivers, might just get a refund and buy another br writer. Running on win 7 64

tmax

Distinguished
Aug 24, 2007
Having the same problem. Windows 7 64 does not detect this blu-ray drive. I see that many people got it to work but I didn't have the same luck. I returned the first one and and got another one. Same thing on the second one. If fact my Bios on my 790FX-GD70 board (BIOS 1.14) would not detect it. I don't know what the issue is with these drives. After two attempts and 2 failures I am going to try another brand/model. I reported the issue to Microsoft.

asgallant

Distinguished
May 20, 2004

I have a similar LG model, and it appears to not be AHCI compatible, so you should try switching your SATA controller to IDE mode in BIOS to see if it works that way.

I can not find the driver, actually even not the burner, at LG site. Does anyone know were to find this damn driver?

This drive is not listed on LG's main website, it's here.

There is no firmware update listed on either LG website for the BH10LS30, so you should contact customer support to see what they have.

dan_95

Distinguished
Jan 27, 2011
Spent time with LG customer support today. Their official response is that this drive is not compatible with windows 7. Mine worked fine for 2 months, but they don't have updated drivers or firmware and won't accept it as a warranty item because their specs don't list windows 7.

stephenpate

Distinguished
Jun 19, 2011
Despite the assurance from Microsoft, the drive is not seen by PowerDVD under Windows 7 64 or by WMP.

The firmware update is the one supplied and it doesn't fix the problem.

LG are providing zero customer support on this.

typecast

Distinguished
Jul 31, 2011
Same problem here, the drive is recognized but I can't read any media with it ! I tried the firmware upgrade and it's exactly the same.
I'm gonna try on linux to see if it's more a driver problem or a firmware problem.

typecast

Distinguished
Jul 31, 2011
Ok, this is not a Windows problem, this is a firmware or a physical problem. (Same *** on linux)
DVD and CD's were playing well before I tried the first Blu-Ray, until then I only got problems.
So now I can't even read any media on it ! Even though it's recognized by windows and linux, it's just showing as "empty".
The hardware is brand new (bought a week ago) so I guess the "discontinued product" on the official LG page has something to do with what the problems I'm having right now.
I'll contact the customer support tomorow and ask for a replacement.

G

I have similar problems, LG reads DVDs and CDs but not blu ray, it did once but that's it. Getting bored with updating firmware and drivers, might just get a refund and buy another br writer. Running on win 7 64

Solution
G

Well I got it working with a downgrade to win xp, seems like windows 7 is the problem, LG say the drive came out before win 7 and can't confirm it's compatable

john30534

Honorable
Apr 21, 2013
I am having the same problem. Mine has worked for almost 2 years, then for some unknown reason last night it stopped working. Lousy technical support from LG. I love their products but what good is it if you fail to back it up with support. I won't be buying anymore LG products in the future.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRENDING THREADS