Crucial Ballistix 4GB (2 x 2GB) 240-Pin DDR2 SDRAM DDR2 800 (PC2 6400) Dual Chan

Zero_80

Distinguished
Apr 10, 2009
A bit confused here, people in review forums on newegg say to set this memory at 2.0v but BIOS has it at 1.80v and when I check it using Turbo V it's listed as 1.90v ..should I leave everything alone or bump it up to 2.0v in BIOS? Also, the majority says to run this memory at 4-4-4-12 but I seen no such option in BIOS ..what would it be called so I can find it and check it? Thanks!

- Z

Homebuilt,or store bought? If store bought may be out of luck

Download CPUID Hardware monitor (good for looking at voltages). Download CPU-Z
Simply google it. Look at memory tab and it will show you what you are presently running at. Then look at the SPD tab, it should show what speed/CL settings and at what voltage.

Look at the manual (if you do not have, download from Manuf.) for how to set CL values (hpefully you can). EX. for My gigabyte MB I go into Bios, goto M.I.T and hit Cntr F1 to get to settings.

tecninja

Distinguished
Feb 2, 2008
If you purchased it recently, its supposed to be run at 2.0v, I've confirmed this with Tech support on several occassions working on issues with this particular RAM. There was a different configuration that they switched to sometime in Summer 08', before that it was supposed to be run at 2.2v.