ASUS m3n-ht mempipe - scam?

m3ld4r10n

Distinguished
Oct 15, 2008
Ok,

I have the ASUS M3N-HT Deluxe. Am I wronge in saying that this IS the same as the MEMPIPE version but it's without the RAM cooler?

If this is correct; anyone got any idea where I can just buy the mempipe? (I mean the RAM part not the omplete motherboard.) It's as simple as attaching it to the right place and putting in 4 screws. THis is, if i'm correct, what every M3N-HT Mempipe owner has to do anyways.

I've already tried calling places like OCUK claiming I've damaged the mempipe part of my non-existent mobo, in the hopes that they'd let me just by a replacement part.

No.

So, who knows how we can save the community money buy buying the two parts seperatly rather than a whole new unit, if indeed the answer to my first question is 'yes'?

m3ld4r10n

Distinguished
Oct 15, 2008
There are two motherboard that appear identical. ASUS M3n-ht Deluxe and M3n-ht Deluxe Mempipe Edition.

THe mempipe edition has an extra bit of copper pipe that you screw on which surrounds your ram slots to provide passive cooling.

If the motherboards are the same, where can we but this extra attachment without having to get a whole new motherboard?

chinh_n

Distinguished
Nov 17, 2008
you really wouldn't need it if you have good memory heatsinks. i have the mempipe version and didn't use it because my memory had good heatsinks on it already. Its only good if u have normal value RAM with no heatsinks. Otherwise, you are not missing out. If you really have to have it , you could call ASUS customer service and order one. 1-812-282-2787

Dalevis

Distinguished
May 10, 2009
You can buy the mempipe assembly directly through ASUS...

ASUS customer service 1-812-282-2787

Asus M3A32-MVP Deluxe Cool Mempipe

(DDR Heatsink Module Part #13G070540000)

$30.00 + S&H

Hope this helps!

dfunkier

Distinguished
Mar 26, 2010

You get any joy out of reseating the pipe? My temps are ridiculously high and the system occasionally shuts
down as a direct result. I'd appreciate some good news on this one, am starting to worry.

Thanks.

suse45922

Distinguished
Apr 29, 2010
Yo tengo un disipador MEMPIPE libre y el resto del disipador.

He intentado quitarlo para instalar refrigeracion liquida y me he cargado la placa, el chip del sistema Nvidia.

Si sigues interesado. suse45922@yahoo.es

Vivo en España, en las Islas Canarias.

PD. sabes de alguien que sepa como despegar el disipador, para que no me vuelva a pasar otra vez lo mismo.

Gracias