Crosshair II memory compatibility?

vichart

Distinguished
Apr 10, 2009
I just picked up a ASUS Crosshair II mbd with a AMD Phenom II X4 940 cpu and I will be running Vista 32bit(yea that is silly I know). I would like to install 4 gig of PC-8500 1066 dual channel DDR2 ram. I am interested in a high performance ram if possible for gaming. I know that Vista 32 may only see perhaps 3-3.5 gig of ram so I was also thinking of 3x1gig matched ddr2's if that is a viable option. My problem is that I am not up to speed with the latest techy stuff and when I use the various ram compatibility sites that I have found on the net none of them list the Crosshair II but just the Crosshair which is a different board. Can any of you more enlightened and brainier whizkids offer me a good memory choice to look for? I would be forever grateful.

Thnx in advance
The old schooler

vichart

Distinguished
Apr 10, 2009
Thnx much r_manic. I really appreciate this info. I tried to find this earlier but could only find the QVL for up to 800. I can be a bit blind at times so I am sure it was right in front of my face. This is extremely helpful and thnx much again.

cheers, Vic