RF remote

Last response: in Home Theatre
Share
April 15, 2004 6:42:19 PM

I am thinking of going satellite, and I live alone. I have 3 tv's in the
house. I want to locate the receiver box in the basement where the cable
comes in the house. The box would then send the signal to all 3 tv's. I
know it would be the same channel on all. I see that there is a device that
attaches to the front of the remote and turns IR to RF. It is supposed to
go through walls and floors. I have a small house, so I am well within the
100 feet range. Does anybody have experience with RF remotes and do they
really work through walls and floors like they say? Would I be able to have
just one remote and switch channels anywhere in the house to all 3 tv's?

More about : remote

Anonymous
April 16, 2004 1:28:20 AM

You should go w/ the Dish Network w/ the 322 or 522 (DVR) receiver that have
2 tuners that can send 2 different channels to 2 or more TV's. The second
tuner uses a UHF Pro remote that goes through walls. I have a TV in the
basement on the second tuner & the UHF Pro remote works great.

"unknown" <unknown@ameritech.net> wrote in message

> I am thinking of going satellite, and I live alone. I have 3 tv's in the
> house. I want to locate the receiver box in the basement where the cable
> comes in the house. The box would then send the signal to all 3 tv's. I
> know it would be the same channel on all. I see that there is a device
that
> attaches to the front of the remote and turns IR to RF. It is supposed to
> go through walls and floors. I have a small house, so I am well within
the
> 100 feet range. Does anybody have experience with RF remotes and do they
> really work through walls and floors like they say? Would I be able to
have
> just one remote and switch channels anywhere in the house to all 3 tv's?

Anonymous
April 16, 2004 9:28:12 AM

I use a Radio Shack RF repeater - it does exactly what you want - and it's
cheap! You'll need 3 senders and 1 receiver.
Paul

!