Sign in with
Your question

No fax files on windows XP

Last response: in Windows XP
May 10, 2011 3:53:36 AM

My fax service has disappeared. I am using windows XP sp3
I go to add windows component, choose fax, insert installation disc, a missing file i386, but no such file available on the installation CD

What else can I do?

CB

More about : fax files windows

May 10, 2011 6:58:06 AM

Fax may have been updated since your XP CD was burned althugh I can't think of a good reason. Maybe if you can borrow an XP SP3 CD, or slipstream your own installation with SP3 on to a CD, the missing files might turn up. If you know the name or names of the files concerned, someone might be able to find them for you.

May 10, 2011 10:00:40 AM

Saga Lout said:

Fax may have been updated since your XP CD was burned althugh I can't think of a good reason. Maybe if you can borrow an XP SP3 CD, or slipstream your own installation with SP3 on to a CD, the missing files might turn up. If you know the name or names of the files concerned, someone might be able to find them for you.

Hi
I am not too sure what you mean by" slipstream" my own installation onto a CD.
As for me borrowing someone else's XP program, I can't do it because I live in a foreign country and their version is in that language of their country

Thanks anyway for trying

CB
May 10, 2011 10:02:39 AM

Saga Lout said:

Hi
I am not too sure what you mean by" slipstream" my own installation onto a CD.
As for me borrowing someone else's XP program, I can't do it because I live in a foreign country and their version is in that language of their country

Thanks anyway for trying

CB
!