On-Q and DSL Network

ksig113

Distinguished
May 16, 2009
I recently bought a new home and there is a UStec panel box with a On-Q tecpod 810 inside the master closet. There are 4 rooms that are wired for 2 coax, 1 rj11, and 1 rj45. to this box. All the terminals plug into the tecpod

http://www.onqlegrand.com/products/TECPOD810

Here are pictures of thte panel box:

IMG00015-20090514-2026.jpg

IMG00016-20090514-2026.jpg

I have DSL installed (notmany options offered in the area), and tested it out to make sure it worked by simply connecting it directly to my PC.

Idealy, I would like to have every room live so that I can plug and play ethernet cables to connect online. I thought that I could do that by going

modem -> router -> panel

But when I do, I get "unidentified network". The modem shows activity and all the lights are lit correctly.

It is hard to find documents on a setup online so I would like some help. Thanks!

nuc_eng

Honorable
May 20, 2013
I am having a similar issue (which I've posted here recently). In a similar layout, I thought you could simply do:

Internet > Modem > Router > On-Q panel

Then you'd have the wireless capability that I need due to my solar system and the wired capability throughout the house through a LAN connection from the router to the On-Q input. But it doesn't work. In fact, the router doesn't even light up with the On-Q connection.

I have confirmed that if I put the modem and router downstream of the On-Q system, it works fine. But that doesn't help because I need a solar system connection and that is in the same data panel as the On-Q system. So I'm stuck, too.

BTW, this issue came up in a list that was "similar" to my own issue. After posting, I realized this is 4 years old...

jlupy

Honorable
Sep 10, 2013
Take your telco in line or (dmarc)plug it in to your modem connect your modem to your router simply unplug any cat 5 from the module and plug into your router and you will have internet.Bypass the panel it wont work your way.

jlupy

Honorable
Sep 10, 2013
Forgot this part your telco in will have a Rj45 that might not fit into your modem . DSL is a two wire so you can use any pair if you are not going to use phone lines to connect to a standard jack or put your own end on the wire and then plug into your modem.

nuc_eng

Honorable
May 20, 2013

I don't know why I didn't think of that, but it works. I can only use three more connections due to the limits of my router, but it's one more than needed. Thanks for your help! Although I wonder why it wouldn't work through the On-Q board. Seems like that's the whole reason it's there...

jlupy

Honorable
Sep 10, 2013