Gigabyte Raid

lunarist

Distinguished
Apr 13, 2009
Hi guys and gals,

I have a gigabyte 8IEXP motherboard running raid and my registry got hosed up. I'm trying to use the recovery console but I need to install the raid drivers first. This is where my problem starts. I have the drivers from their website and I put them on floppy. However when I try to use the disk I keep getting the following message 'Please insert the disk labeled Manufacturer-supplied hardware support disk into Drive A:.

I have no idea what to do. Gigabyte is usless for this. They provide the drivers but they don't provide a utility to make a floppy that I can use.

Thanks,

Lunarist

lunarist

Distinguished
Apr 13, 2009
Hi and thanks for the quick reply. I indeed have the same file that you linked. However, when running it just makes separate directories on my Hard Drive for ATA and Raid. I copied the 3 files from XP Raid folder. inf, sys and a catalogue file. Still the same issue.

lunarist

Distinguished
Apr 13, 2009
Ahh thanks again for your help. I didn't have the .oem file in the root of the floppy which I should know better anyways. Although Gigabyte is of no help on this. Bummer.