Graphics card help.

Hey guys, I'm planning on replacing my Integrated ATI Radeon XPRESS 200 card and I don't know which one to buy.

I'm a little worried that I might buy a card that isn't compatible with my PC so I came here first.
I need specific GFX cards that are compatible with my computer. I want a 256mb card that's decent yet affordable. If you guys dont have any ideas, please kindly tell me what to look for in a GFX card to find if it's compatible or not.

My computer specs are :

Compaq Presario SR1772x
Processor: Intel(R) Pentium(R) 4 CPU 2.93GHz (CPUs)
Memory: 2048MB RAM

Current GFX card: Integrated ATI RADEON XPRESS 200 Series 256.0MB

and yes, my motherboard supports PCI-Express x16 slots.

Please help guys and all assistance will be very much appreciated.
5 answers Last reply
More about graphics card help
  1. do have a budget and at what resolution would you be playing?
  2. Try the radeon 4670
    under 80 bucks and is a really powerful card (mid range graphics, but leaps and bounds over what you have now - and does not require more than a 300 watt power supply)
  3. well your current 'vidcard' is your integrated graphics , right? ANY upgrade will be better than what you currently have. Look at the 4830 or 4850. www.newegg.com
  4. For a prebuilt system like yours it's hard to beat a HD4670. Its low power requirements will be fine for your power supply and it will fit in your PCIex16 socket. It gives decent performance at a price of about $55-$90. Since it's the beginning of the month there's not a lot of rebates available at newegg, they usually come a bit later in the month. This one is $70 after rebate
    http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814121274

they'll drop as low as $55 after rebates and with free shipping if you wait or shop around. As with all prebuilt systems adding a graphic card, download hardware monitor and keep an eye on your temps (prebuilts usually have pretty poor cooling)
  5. The 4830 and 4850 are the best all around options right now, but the 4670 is a major option for a tight budget.
Ask a new question

Read More

Graphics Cards Compatibility Graphics Product