Last response: in Storage
May 23, 2010 8:20:34 PM

I've decided to go with the ; [ I hope ] :sweat: 
GIGABYTE GA-P55A-UD3P that has SATA 6GB/s & USB 3.0
Intel I7-860 CPU
WD SATA 6GB/s Black HD @ 1 gb
ATI 5770 1mb video card.

Before i order these parts i need to confirm or learn if,
when using the SATA 6GB/s HD plugged into the new SATA III revison socket it won't cut the Bandwidth on the Single PCI-E 2.0 X16 video cards output.

Thanks in advance for any Help!
:hello: 
May 23, 2010 8:28:15 PM

uhh nope it wont. two separate components...
May 23, 2010 9:12:56 PM

makotech222 said:
uhh nope it wont. two separate components...

The part that really confuses me are the statements & articles describing the 1156 socket MB's having a BandWidth problem crippling the X16 path to X8 when the new SATA Revison III socket & hard drives are used....
Sure don't want to mess up & order something i'll be unhappy with after i build it & test it!
I know Tom's did a Bandwidth article also, but i was still leary of the problem!
:hello: 
Related resources

Best solution

a b U Graphics card
May 24, 2010 1:18:43 AM

Both Asus and Gigabyte has a solution to get around the bandwidth problem but they are far from perfect.

However since you are using a single card, you should have plenty of bandwidth to go around. Only in crossfire would you experience bottleneck. This is assuming you have a SATA 6Gb/s device that was cappable of going up to those speeds.
May 24, 2010 5:45:55 AM

Thanks for responding guys, the mechanical drives only benefit @ 6GB's is the Burst speed right now!
Just wanna be ready when SSD's come down in price & their SATA 6GB/s become reliable & affordable....

Here's that Toms article on Bottlenecks with P55A
http://www.tomshardware.com/reviews/usb-3.0-sata-6gb,25...
May 27, 2010 12:46:59 AM

Best answer selected by olpal.
!