Sign in with
Your question

I cant install xp on my computer it has windows 7

Last response: in Windows XP
May 10, 2011 4:48:40 PM

Hello,i bought my laptop which had windows 7 but am nt used to it i want to install xp but it has refused help me out
a b $ Windows 7
May 10, 2011 5:21:46 PM

Change the boot device to CD in the bios(usually F2), put the XP disc in and boot, and choose setup from the screen
a b $ Windows 7
May 10, 2011 6:15:20 PM

Might be worth checking first to make sure XP drivers are available for that hardware. What's the make and model of your laptop?

Related resources
a c 288 $ Windows 7
May 11, 2011 2:10:12 PM

+1^ Not all new computers are supported for XP. Go to your vendor's web site, see if your model has XP drivers for it.

"refused" is also not a very good description of the issue, what was the exact message, error code, etc...? What XP disk are you using, does it have a legal key with it?

a b $ Windows 7
May 11, 2011 6:51:22 PM

Perhaps it's a 64 bit laptop.
May 13, 2011 6:27:09 AM

Generally, it is inaccessible to install Windows XP after Windows 7, because it is a huge propability that mistakes can happen, such as "boot disk fail" Press CTRL + ALT + DEL to restart, Boot Manager will not able to boot Windows XP.
a b $ Windows 7
May 13, 2011 7:15:47 AM

Formatting the hard drive should wipe the W7 BootRec but it's best to remove any makers' recovery partitions as well before trying to install XP. Drivers will still be an issue though.

August 24, 2011 5:27:38 PM

Saga Lout said:

Formatting the hard drive should wipe the W7 BootRec but it's best to remove any makers' recovery partitions as well before trying to install XP. Drivers will still be an issue though.

------------------------------------

Hi, i have some issues with drivers. i installed windows 7 ultimate on my laptop (Core 2 DUO, 2GB Ram, 360GB HDD) and woked fine. after a year i clean installed windows xp Sp3 removing windows 7 totally. but i am not able to install original xp drivers for motherboard resources from its driver CD. (VGA, AUDIO and other driver installation program terminates with an error message!) please help.
!