Sapphire HD 3850 agp card.. help!

Andrew21

Distinguished
Jan 2, 2009
I may have a bad card. I just purchased it recently for my Dell Precision Workstation 530. It was working before in Sept when I purchased the card but now when I boot it up, I get nothing. No beeps, nothing. I put in the regular AGP card that came with the system and now it runs fine. Boots up with no problem. When I put the Sapphire HD3850 card back in, I get no beeps, no sounds, no dispaly on the screen. Should I RMA the card? I've tried it in an old system, I think an Asus A7V133 and all I get are beeps when I start it up.

When I first got the card, I didn't know that the AGP card had to be 1.5volt. I purchased another card and it was 5volt which didn't work. Once I put in the Sapphire card, it was fine. I didn't touch it until now. Help!

if it doesnt work in TWO computers theres a good chance its dead.

Try one more thing though to be sure . Remove all traces of the drivers and the catalyst control center [ add/remove programs ] . Reinstall the card making sure all the power connectors are in place and try a reinstall . If that doesnt work then then the card has passed on .