Downloads not showing up in game

Last response: in Video Games
January 22, 2005 8:59:55 PM

As I know some people have posted, I've found that some of my downloads that
I've installed don't show up in the game. The files were unzipped into the
proper folder, so it's not that. There's no subfolder that was created
without my knowledge, so it's not that either. It wasn't a bad file, in the
sense that I downloaded a bad zip file or something that the websites didn't
intend for me to receive. It just seems like a number of my downloads just
don't show up.

I have noticed that when I'm messing around with unpackaged houses, that the
game has a maximum number of houses it can hold in the bin before it starts
removing them. I've been able to determine that if I have eleven houses in
the bin, and I try to move a house from one of my neighborhoods into the
bin, the game will delete a house from the bin to add the one I added.
Perhaps it's something similar here, but I haven't been able to determine
that yet. Possibly if you add a large number of downloads at once, the game
isn't able to add them without losing a few, because its limit on added
downloads between game runs was reached. It's an idea, but I'm not sure.
Does anyone else know what might be causing the problem?

More about : downloads showing game

Anonymous
January 23, 2005 3:03:58 AM

"Charles Whitney" <cbillingsw@yahoo.com> schreef in bericht
> As I know some people have posted, I've found that some of my downloads
that
> I've installed don't show up in the game. The files were unzipped into
the
> proper folder, so it's not that. There's no subfolder that was created
> without my knowledge, so it's not that either. It wasn't a bad file, in
the
> sense that I downloaded a bad zip file or something that the websites
didn't
> intend for me to receive. It just seems like a number of my downloads
just
> don't show up.
>
> I have noticed that when I'm messing around with unpackaged houses, that
the
> game has a maximum number of houses it can hold in the bin before it
starts
> removing them. I've been able to determine that if I have eleven houses
in
> the bin, and I try to move a house from one of my neighborhoods into the
> bin, the game will delete a house from the bin to add the one I added.
> Perhaps it's something similar here, but I haven't been able to determine
> that yet. Possibly if you add a large number of downloads at once, the
game
> isn't able to add them without losing a few, because its limit on added
> downloads between game runs was reached. It's an idea, but I'm not sure.
> Does anyone else know what might be causing the problem?

No i cant help you but have the same problem with houses showing up, 11 is
max here ;-(
Anonymous
January 23, 2005 4:35:54 AM

For recolored objects you may need to get the color enabler at
http://sims.ambertation.de/index.shtml.
Also, you will have to click on the type of object to see the real recolors.

"Charles Whitney" <cbillingsw@yahoo.com> wrote in message
> As I know some people have posted, I've found that some of my downloads
that
> I've installed don't show up in the game. The files were unzipped into
the
> proper folder, so it's not that. There's no subfolder that was created
> without my knowledge, so it's not that either. It wasn't a bad file, in
the
> sense that I downloaded a bad zip file or something that the websites
didn't
> intend for me to receive. It just seems like a number of my downloads
just
> don't show up.
>
> I have noticed that when I'm messing around with unpackaged houses, that
the
> game has a maximum number of houses it can hold in the bin before it
starts
> removing them. I've been able to determine that if I have eleven houses
in
> the bin, and I try to move a house from one of my neighborhoods into the
> bin, the game will delete a house from the bin to add the one I added.
> Perhaps it's something similar here, but I haven't been able to determine
> that yet. Possibly if you add a large number of downloads at once, the
game
> isn't able to add them without losing a few, because its limit on added
> downloads between game runs was reached. It's an idea, but I'm not sure.
> Does anyone else know what might be causing the problem?

January 23, 2005 3:19:39 PM

> For recolored objects you may need to get the color enabler at
> http://sims.ambertation.de/index.shtml.
> Also, you will have to click on the type of object to see the real
> recolors.

I was talking about hair and clothing files, but certainly that helps.

January 24, 2005 11:15:18 AM

Make sure they are not in any subdirectories.
They have to be in the main download directory.

--
- D

>> For recolored objects you may need to get the color enabler at
>> http://sims.ambertation.de/index.shtml.
>> Also, you will have to click on the type of object to see the real
>> recolors.
>
> I was talking about hair and clothing files, but certainly that helps.

January 25, 2005 9:50:17 PM

"D" <deeus@bigpond.net.au> wrote in message
> Make sure they are not in any subdirectories.
> They have to be in the main download directory.

No subdirectories. They just don't show up. My initial thought probably
isn't accurate, because I overwrote the couple hairstyles that weren't
showing up ingame and again, they failed to show.

January 26, 2005 2:10:50 AM

> "D" <deeus@bigpond.net.au> wrote in message
> > Make sure they are not in any subdirectories.
> > They have to be in the main download directory.
> >

> No subdirectories. They just don't show up. My initial thought probably
> isn't accurate, because I overwrote the couple hairstyles that weren't
> showing up ingame and again, they failed to show.

Okay now, just to be sure here..........were they sims2pack files? If so,
did you double-click them to install them? Were they part of a ready made
sim?

Anonymous
January 26, 2005 2:31:42 AM

On Tue, 25 Jan 2005 18:50:17 -0500, "Charles Whitney"
<cbillingsw@yahoo.com> wrote:

>"D" <deeus@bigpond.net.au> wrote in message
>> Make sure they are not in any subdirectories.
>> They have to be in the main download directory.
>>

>No subdirectories. They just don't show up. My initial thought probably
>isn't accurate, because I overwrote the couple hairstyles that weren't
>showing up ingame and again, they failed to show.

I've had some hairstyles not show up. Several made by the same person
that I got from TSR. I don't know what the problem was.

BW
Anonymous
January 26, 2005 3:54:03 AM

> "Charles Whitney" <cbillingsw@yahoo.com> wrote in message
>>
>> "D" <deeus@bigpond.net.au> wrote in message
>> > Make sure they are not in any subdirectories.
>> > They have to be in the main download directory.
>> >

>> No subdirectories. They just don't show up. My initial thought probably
>> isn't accurate, because I overwrote the couple hairstyles that weren't
>> showing up ingame and again, they failed to show.

> Okay now, just to be sure here..........were they sims2pack files? If so,
> did you double-click them to install them? Were they part of a ready made
> sim?

They're the correct file designation, or, at least I should say, they're not
package files. Like most other downloads I've gotten from third party
sites, you unzip the package file into the downloads folder and they show
up. Some do, and some don't, and I'm not sure why.

January 26, 2005 4:48:26 AM

> > "Charles Whitney" <cbillingsw@yahoo.com> wrote in message
> >>
> >> "D" <deeus@bigpond.net.au> wrote in message
> >> >

> >> No subdirectories. They just don't show up. My initial thought
probably
> >> isn't accurate, because I overwrote the couple hairstyles that weren't
> >> showing up ingame and again, they failed to show.

> > Okay now, just to be sure here..........were they sims2pack files? If
so,
> > did you double-click them to install them? Were they part of a ready
made
> > sim?
>
> They're the correct file designation, or, at least I should say, they're
not
> package files. Like most other downloads I've gotten from third party
> sites, you unzip the package file into the downloads folder and they show
> up. Some do, and some don't, and I'm not sure why.

Well only package files should be in the downloads folder. Sometimes, files
unzip to make another folder.
And if it was a .sims2pack file in the zip file, then it would need to be
installed to work, simply unzipping to the downloads folder would not work.

!