Sign in with
Sign up | Sign in
Your question

This Newsgroup Description

Last response: in Cell Phones & Smartphones
Share
Anonymous
July 3, 2005 1:01:49 PM

Archived from groups: comp.sys.palmtops (More info?)

Hello All,

I know someone here can come up with a better
worded sentence describing what this newsgroup is about
then the below; could this be updated?

- - -
Description: Super-powered calculators in the palm of your hand.
- - -

Regards,

Byron Collins

More about : newsgroup description

Anonymous
July 4, 2005 4:39:07 AM

Archived from groups: comp.sys.palmtops (More info?)

Byron Collins wrote:
> Hello All,
>
> I know someone here can come up with a better
> worded sentence describing what this newsgroup is about
> then the below; could this be updated?
>
> - - -
> Description: Super-powered calculators in the palm of your hand.
> - - -
>
> Regards,
>
> Byron Collins
>
>

What do you mean "description"? This is usenet, where the only
description is the group name "comp.sys.palmtops".
Anonymous
July 4, 2005 12:20:37 PM

Archived from groups: comp.sys.palmtops (More info?)

"Dekaritae" <dekaritae@gmail.com> wrote in message
news:Ly%xe.131606$on1.73606@clgrps13...
> Byron Collins wrote:
> > Hello All,
> >
> > I know someone here can come up with a better
> > worded sentence describing what this newsgroup is about
> > then the below; could this be updated?
> >
> > - - -
> > Description: Super-powered calculators in the palm of your hand.
> > - - -
> >
> > Regards,
> >
> > Byron Collins
> >
> >
>
> What do you mean "description"? This is usenet, where the only
> description is the group name "comp.sys.palmtops".

Hello,

Check out this link:

http://groups-beta.google.com/group/comp.sys.palmtops


Byron
Related resources
Anonymous
July 4, 2005 1:23:37 PM

Archived from groups: comp.sys.palmtops (More info?)

Dekaritae wrote:
> Byron Collins wrote:
>
>> Hello All,
>>
>> I know someone here can come up with a better
>> worded sentence describing what this newsgroup is about
>> then the below; could this be updated?
>>
>> - - -
>> Description: Super-powered calculators in the palm of your hand.
>> - - -
>>
>> Regards,
>>
>> Byron Collins
>>
>>
>
> What do you mean "description"? This is usenet, where the only
> description is the group name "comp.sys.palmtops".

How about "charter"?
Anonymous
July 4, 2005 1:55:13 PM

Archived from groups: comp.sys.palmtops (More info?)

Dekaritae wrote:
> What do you mean "description"? This is usenet, where the only
> description is the group name "comp.sys.palmtops".

When a group is created, the propagating control message can include a
tagline, usually known as 'Newsgroups line' to provide more information
about the intended content. Go have a look at
http://www.usenet.org.uk/newsgroups.html - each of the comments below
the group name is derived from this 'newsgroup line'. It is in the
gift of the group creator, normally.

When your reader downloads a list of groups from your server it should
include this description against the group name to help you choose.
Anonymous
July 4, 2005 2:13:44 PM

Archived from groups: comp.sys.palmtops (More info?)

On Mon, 4 Jul 2005 08:20:37 -0700, "Byron Collins"
<bcollins@clarksville.com> wrote:


>>
>> What do you mean "description"? This is usenet, where the only
>> description is the group name "comp.sys.palmtops".
>
>Hello,
>
>Check out this link:
>
>http://groups-beta.google.com/group/comp.sys.palmtops
>
>
>Byron
>

That description is made up by Google. Google has tapped into this
existing Usenet news group and offers it, and all or most of the other
Usenet news groups, to the world as "Google Groups", but they did not
create nor do the control this or any other Usenet news group.


--
Vic Roberts
Replace xxx with vdr in e-mail address.
Anonymous
July 4, 2005 6:28:45 PM

Archived from groups: comp.sys.palmtops (More info?)

Hello All,

This is my simple suggested description
for the "comp.sys.palmtops" newsgroup:

- Discussion concerning Palmtop systems.

Regards,

Byron
!