Failed Hard Disk Error 1721

G

Hello,
I have (or had) a home built computer running two hard disks and windows 7 64 bit. My second hard drive failed lately and I lost all the data, though I had most of it backed up. I did however loose all the games I had installed. I went to control panel and add/remove programs to erase any record of the games bring installed, which worked for most of them, but for a few programs(borderlands and steam) i get 'error 1721, there is a problem with the windows installer package. A program required for this install to complete could not be run'. This now means i cannot reinstall these programs because my computer still thinks they are installed and will only give me an uninstall option whenever i run the setup exe

http://www.revouninstaller.com/

“Revo Uninstaller helps you to uninstall software and remove unwanted programs installed on your computer even if you have problems uninstalling and cannot uninstall them from "Windows Add or Remove Programs" control panel applet.

Revo Uninstaller is a much faster and more powerful alternative to "Windows Add or Remove Programs" applet!

With its advanced and fast algorithm, Revo Uninstaller analyzes an application's data before uninstall and scans after you uninstall an application. After the program's regular uninstaller runs, you can remove additional unnecessary files, folders and registry keys that are usually left”

TRENDING THREADS