Weird HD Tune Results with HD Tune

Tags:
  • SSD
  • Intel
  • HD
  • Storage
Last response: in Storage
May 25, 2010 5:09:07 AM

I just gave in and purchased the Intel X25-M 80 Gig and installed it in my computer.

I haven't really noticed any speed increase as of yet (sadly) and I was wondering if maybe I am doing something really stupid.

For one, I am not even sure if the OS is booting from the Intel drive. I am pretty sure that I was somehow booting with one of my secondary storage devices (500 Gig WD). I changed to boot from the Intel X25 and I was getting the BOOTMNGR not available error.

I booted with my Windows 7 disk and repaired the boot service and it worked after the second try. So I am pretty sure that that is now fixed (although not sure how to even truly tell). I have 2 drives that are marked as "Active, primary partition" in Disk Manager - the 500gig that I was speaking of and my X25.

Secondly, I am getting extremely low Minimum Read times with my SSD and I can't figure out why...here is a picture of my performance chart via HD Tune...

Why is there such a low dip in the beginning?

I have run all sorts of SSD Tweaks to try and increase the performance and I have not seen any real change.

Any help would be appreciated!

Thanks,
Chase

---------------------
[Edit]

I thought I would be more specific on what tweaks I ran to boost performance.

I basically followed this guide: http://www.mydellmini.com/forum/windows-7/2441-windows-...

I did not mess with the Superfetch, the System Restore or the Page file tweaks just because I didn't feel they would show too much in performance gains.

I also downloaded the utility SSD Tweak Utility and ran the AutoTweak Settings for funzies.

Also, here is a picture of my Disk Drives for reference:

Let me know if I need to provide any other information :) .

Thanks

More about : weird tune results tune

a b G Storage
May 25, 2010 5:18:41 AM

Looks fine to me...

Yeah, the dips at the beginning are a little strange, but they don't look that serious.
m
l
a b å Intel
a c 143 G Storage
May 25, 2010 4:33:55 PM

Your overall results are a little better than mine, so you are fine. I have done all of the tweaks you've posted about so I'll probably try them to see what improvements I get, if any...
m
l
!