Sign in with
Your question
Solved

Keyboard error in all fifa games

Last response: in Windows 7
September 12, 2011 10:21:14 AM

Hello,I have a problem with all my FiFa games, The problem is when I use 2 direction keys and my 'q' and 'w' simultaneoulsy nothing happens. All the other games are fine, I had the same problem with my previous pc, I have a new Pc now and the same problem occurs,
I am using the same Logitech keyboard and mouse from my previous PC. So it leaves me to a conclusion it could be something with the keyboard? I'm not sure, if any one could share their experience or help, it would be appreciated, I am using windows ultimate 64 bit.

September 12, 2011 10:31:47 AM

chucky8701 said:
Hello,I have a problem with all my FiFa games, The problem is when I use 2 direction keys and my 'q' and 'w' simultaneoulsy nothing happens. All the other games are fine, I had the same problem with my previous pc, I have a new Pc now and the same problem occurs,
I am using the same Logitech keyboard and mouse from my previous PC. So it leaves me to a conclusion it could be something with the keyboard? I'm not sure, if any one could share their experience or help, it would be appreciated, I am using windows ultimate 64 bit.

Your game could need a patch check that the game is patched to current version.
September 12, 2011 11:05:51 AM

yes it is matched to the current version, it plays fine on my brother Pc as well
Related resources
September 12, 2011 1:05:43 PM

I was looking around on the net, could it be a background program running?

Best solution

September 12, 2011 1:35:00 PM

Since it plays on your brother's PC, please try his keyboard on your PC. All keyboards have problems with certain 3+ key combinations and I found that not all keyboards have the same problem combos. My keyboards test is "up+left/right+space" since I used it in NFS games.
This is irrelevant to KB manufacturer reputation. While they may avoid (by design) known 3+ key combinations, they surely cannot test every problematic game.

PS: the combinations comes from the fact that some column/row signals are used to identify each key. So there can be 4 keys, each with it's own combination from 2 rows and 2 columns. Having 2 of them pressed and then pressing the 3rd one, there is no (cheap) way to tell which of the 2 remaining keys was pressed. So the 3rd (and 4th) press is ignored.
September 12, 2011 1:49:27 PM

Ok will try his keyboard
September 12, 2011 6:29:55 PM

connected my bro keyboard and it was working fine, thanks for the feedback, I wouldn't of guess it to be the keyboard because it is fairly new, but thanks anyway for your help.
September 22, 2011 2:15:30 PM

Best answer selected by chucky8701.
!