Sign in with
Your question
Solved

Corsair h50 and koolance excos 2.5 combo

Last response: in Overclocking
April 27, 2010 4:25:41 AM

:hello:  i want see if you can use the corsair h50 for the cpu cooling and koolance exsos 2.5 for cooling my 3 of gtx 480 hyro copper for a 3 way sli also cool my motherboard. Could you do that with a corsair 800d . :bounce:  :sol: 

a c 86 K Overclocking
April 27, 2010 2:49:18 PM

A koolance kit can't cool the 3 480's. The rad is too small, the pump is weak. It's not considered worth the $$ in real watercooling loops.

The H50 can cool your CPU as good or a bit better than a top air cooled heatsink, but it's NOT as good as a real watercooling setup.

I suggest you start at the top of this forum and read the sticky thats meant JUST FOR YOU!
m
l
April 27, 2010 4:03:20 PM

so what watercooling setup should i use for my x58 classified

i feel that the h50 will cool my cpu better then a water cooling kit

but i am going to use gtx 480 hydro copper as my videos card so what is the best water cooling kit for itand to cool my motherboard
m
l
Related resources
Can't find your answer ? Ask !
a c 86 K Overclocking
April 27, 2010 8:05:49 PM

Dude.....

Please start at the top of this forum 'READ FIRST".

You have no clue about watercooling and in no way am I holding your hand to figure it out.

You can send me your plans. I'll buy the stuff, and charge parts and labor. Labor is $50 an HOUR for my expertise, 20 hours min for your rig.

It's your stuff, you CANNOT buy a custom loop and it's parts without any idea of what your talking about.

Start at the top of this forum, "READ FIRST" or do I even have to put a link here for you to do that??
m
l
April 27, 2010 10:40:45 PM

yes it my first time useing water cooling i was going to see if can combine them in one system my koolance exsos 2.5 and my h50 or waht about this

#1 - GPU Block: HEATKILLER® GPU-X² GTX295
#2 - Radiator: Black Ice® GTX Gen Two Xtreme 240
#3 - Pump: Swiftech MCP665 12 VDC Pump
#4 - Reservoir: XSPC 5.25" Bay Reservoir

m
l
a c 86 K Overclocking
April 27, 2010 11:36:59 PM

You need 2 times that radiator not counting the CPU. You need at an ABSOLUTE Minimum a 120X4 for just the GPUs in thir own loop with thier own pump and radiator. I'd get a 120x3 and a 120x2 for the GPUs if you want quiet and cool temps. The GPUs is NINE HUNDRED WATTS OF COOLING for three of them.

The CPU can go with the stuff you posted, all by itself. I have no idea what your CPU is, your ambient temps or your overclocks. So I could be wrong.
m
l
April 28, 2010 12:47:01 AM

i am runing a intel i7 980x and my case is corsair 800d
m
l

Best solution

a c 86 K Overclocking
April 28, 2010 12:46:21 PM

You'll need a 120x2 at a min for Just the CPU, lots go with a 120x3 rad if they like to overclock a lot, want it very quiet, or have very high temps, like living in Singapore. 95F+ room maybe.

You'll still need to cool 900 watts on the GPU's. Thats a LOT of radiator space. And due to the DT temps etc, you'll want a seperate loop for the CPU.

I easily see $200 for the radiators, more like $300 for really good rads
$160 for the pumps
$50+ for fans (cheap fans)
$110 for good fans
$110 for tubing, fittings etc
$70 for the CPU block

And I can just imagine the cost of the GPUs with the waterblocks already installed.

My Rig, I do know something about this.

http://www.overclockers.com/annual-water-cooling-cleani...
April 28, 2010 5:37:07 PM

cjchrism, Conundrum knows his stuff. He is right on the money with what he is telling you.

The kits you are talking about using off the shelf do not have enough radiator or pump to be able to cool your components. Th ekits in question are actually just about as good as high-end air cooling with regards to their ability to cool for about twice the price you would pay for that self-same air cooling.

To get effective water cooling, you will have to either build a custom rig or have someone else build it for you. The price Conundrum posted is just about right, and in reality, he is giving you a sweetheart deal on the labor and expertise needed to put it all together. If I were you, I would either take him up on the offer or scuttle your way up to his stickied thread and start educating yourself.

You are already talking about thousands of dollars in components just for what you already have...it would only make sense to cool it with what Conundrum has outlined than to try to cobble together two questionable kits and expect to get better-than-air performance. Why not spend a little bit more time and money and learn how to build your own loop? Trust me, if you already have the knocks to build your own computer, it won't take all that much more ambition to jump to the next level.

Those of us who overclock would love to be able to afford the hardware you are describing. But then, it wouldn't be much of a challenge to get top-level performance out of top-level parts, would it? The real challenge is to get that same level of performance from components that cost a fraction of what you have laid out for your computer.

Those of us who have done this long enough will overspend on kit to cool the computer and scrimp on the components that we end up overclocking, because, more often than not, all that cooling kit ends up in the next build.

More often than not, it is about the journey, and not the destination. If your end goal is to have a rig that blasts all the other kiddies outta the water at your next lanparty, then get someone else to build your rig for you. If, in the end, you are actually interested in learning something new that you can build on, go read Conundrum's stickied thread and start educating yourself.
m
l
April 29, 2010 7:49:09 PM

Best answer selected by cjchrism.
m
l
!