Solved

Overclocking Q6600 P5Q Pro Turbo

I got a Q6600 2.4ghz that I am overclocking at 425 8x ratio (3.4ghz) because the 378 x9 ratio was not working properly and my computer is working at 100% no overheating. Should I even try the 425 9x ratio or no? My Mobo is an Asus P5Q Pro Turbo with 2x 4gb Geil RAM (Model number: GX24GB8500C5UDC) Or am I probably pushing my limit as well? My mobo sits at around 45 celsius on load.
4 answers Last reply Best Answer
More about overclocking q6600 turbo
  1. Best answer
    Your MOBO isn't the temp you should be watching...

Use sppedfan or realtemp to monitor CORE temps.

Read this

http://www.overclock.net/intel-cpus/497993-newbie-guide-overclocking-updated-core-2-a.html

Are you running after market cooling?

Thats a 1GHZ OC you should be proud
  2. I have a VERY similar setup and currently have my Q6600 @ 3.6 with 9 x 400 FSB, voltage set in BIOS @ 1.39

I also had to up my RAM voltage from 1.8 to 1.9 but that's normal. i have DDR2-800 RAM so with the 400 FSB setting, i'm sitting at a nice 1:1 ratio.

Any other changes i made were simple ones like disabling speedstep & C1E support, otherwise, what i have stated above is what i have done..

My temps at the above settings are 62 degrees @ load temperatures but usually average out @ 55, Idel temps are in the low 30's

Now, i tried to up the FSB a little in an attempt to hit 3.8 or higher and i found that i had to increase my voltage to 1.44 or higher and the temps went up o just shy of 70 degrees so i backed it down to 3.6 where i am very happy.

The only temps i monitor are the individual core temps for my CPU and my video card.

Core0
    Core1
    Core2
    Core3
  3. Woops I meant my processor is sitting at that temperature not the mobo. I deal with video editing and the temp went up just a couple degrees below the considered warning level of to hot so i dont think I will be running any faster cause of the voltage increase again. The RAM I got runs at 2.4 volts and is made specific for overclocking so I def dont have any problems there :). The cooler I am using is the Thermaltake SpinQ heatsink. I will definitly be getting one of those temp monitors that show individual cores. Thx a lot guys.
  4. Best answer selected by Riaya.
Ask a new question

Read More

Intel Overclocking