WVSteelers22

Distinguished
Feb 7, 2008
As for getting live TV on computer I'm considering purchasing Leadtek TV Tuner HDTV 200 H PCI card .
Question One: From what I can find in my search this card seems to be a good card for a very reasonable price. Does anyone have any other suggestions, comments, etc? I'm trying to keep costs at a low here, but don't mind spending a little more. (under $100).
Question Two: Is this card work with Windows XP Media Center Edition 2005? In the supported list on Leadtek's website it lists Windows XP, but not the Media Center Edition.

Also, would Windows XP Media Center 2005 be an okay OS to run for a Media Center? I've read through quite a few reviews and it seems to be split 50/50 between good and bad. I've looked at using a Linux based OS, but I really don't want to have to fuse with setting up everything. I would much rather just install an OS and go.

In addition, is my computer up to the task.
AMD Athlon 64 3200+ (Socket 939)
1GB RAM DDR-3200
nVidia 7600GS video card

Wolfshadw

Titan
Can't speak towards the card you're looking at. I'm using this AverMedia card and it's working just fine under Windows XP MCE 2005. I do prefer MCE 2005's interface over Vista's (just a personal preference). Your system should be up to the task, but you're starting to push it a bit. Watching live TV should be ok, but long recordings may be a bit much for it.

-Wolf sends