whick motherboard should i use? new pc

G

hi guys, Im about to buy a new PC and have all decided but the motherboard.
Im looking for something less than 100$ and this will be my future PC:

CPU intel core 2 quad Q6600 2.4ghz/1066mhz/8mb/socket 775
Graphic Card XFX nvidia GeForce 9600 GT 512 mb DDR3 (pci-e 2.0)
Dimm DDR2 2GB PC800 (CL5) Kingston x2

Im not doing Overclocking or SLI

i was almost decided for asus p5k or gigabyte p35 ds3l when i saw the "pci-e 2.0 and DDR3" on the Graphic card :S

i wonder if it would work on Asus p5k and if it would make a big difference instead of using a pci-e 2.0 motherboard.

Hope you guys can give me some advices, thanks

IH8U

Distinguished
Dec 29, 2007
There will be no issues between the card, and motherboard. Personnaly I like Gigabyte, others prefer ASUS, however both are good choices. IGNORE MSI!

G

thanks IH8U and ghislaing for the answers!
I´ve checked the link and actually there is only a 3% difference on the perfomance using pci-e 1.1 or 2.0

And p5k deluxe seems to be a good choice, the problem is that it costs 200$.

i wonder if there are others cards similar to this one and not so expensive :/ (100$ or less)

G

Wow, thank you very much shortstuff_m. I was looking for this :D
BTW, what are the difference between these motherboards?:

Gigabyte ep45 ds3l
Gigabyte ep35 ds3l
Gigabyte p35 ds3l

I read on some forums that asus mobos cools better, is that true???

The difference between the EP45-DS3L & EP35-DS3L is that the first one uses the P45 chipset and the second one uses the P35 chipset. The P45 chipset is newer and is bases off of a smaller chip. I don't see any reason to use a P35 chipset board on a new build.

The difference between the EP35-DS3L and P35-DS3L is that the first one has extra energy saving capabilities. That's what the "E" in the title stands for.

I personally have had better luck with Gigabyte than Asus lately. That really comes down to personal preference, however. They both make good products.

G

Very useful info, thank you guys a lot!
i have a few last point to check.
Ill use my PC basically for gaming and using Q6600 cpu i should choose the EP45 mobo on those 3 options, right?

G

oh! and whats the Energy saving for? Is something related to overclocking?

then if would have no difference to choose normal version to "E" version, right?

TRENDING THREADS