Can't decide on a upgrade any input would be appreciated

ill b ben

Distinguished
Mar 5, 2009
Hi there to you,

i have been reading articles and several threads here for a while now, although never really made an
account . But since i just cant decide what to go for , i thought why not so i would like to hear some of your opinions.

Ok heres what i got atm,

Asus p5q pro
C2d e6400
2x2gig of mushkin 800mhz ram
corsair psu 620 watts
a 500 gig sata samsung hd
and a sapphire hd4850 (the non reference blue printplate with ''weird'' cooler)

so the thing is i wanted to upgrade my cpu and with it i will be selling it to my cousion for 40 euro
(netherlands) but while i was at it i decide to do a gpu upgrade to. my budget is around 400 (alrdy took the 40 in account)

so some idea's i had a q9550 around 250-260 euros and a second 4850 wich r available at 130 altho the sapphire i have is a bit more expensive like 140 tops

or a e8500 and the 4850 meaning saving some

or just screw the crossfire and sell the damn 4850 and go for a 4870 and q9550 since selling my 4850 would mean a some what bigger budget ofc.

But tbh i just can decide crossfire looks nice and all but there are still ''some'' games that dont scale that well with crossfire and pretty much the same with the q9550. the e8500 can go higher and its cheaper. I have asked some input of some of my friends but they all give awnsers of like ,get the Q9550 since it has 2 times the speed of a c2d..... right. so sorry for the long story there lol but just ask me for any info.

I will be getting my parts from www.azerty.nl (dutch site ofc)

cheers, Ben

ill b ben

Distinguished
Mar 5, 2009

Well its not that i rly want a crossfire setup it was more of a idea since the bord does have the option. The more important thing imo is the cpu. and about the games . i dont really have 1 type of game i really play more then the rest but if i would have to name one id go for rts so quad prolly is the way to go on that one.

ill b ben

Distinguished
Mar 5, 2009

Well its not that i rly want a crossfire setup it was more of a idea since the bord does have the option. The more important thing imo is the cpu. and about the games . i dont really have 1 type of game i really play more then the rest but if i would have to name one id go for rts so quad prolly is the way to go on that one.

ill b ben

Distinguished
Mar 5, 2009