crazyhype646

Distinguished
May 10, 2011
My Toshiba NB305 doesn't boot. Its WindowsXP pro SP2. I get the bios. After POST, it hangs on a blue screen which has no error message or anything on it. I was googling for hours before i post it here. Nothing helps. How to solve this issue? I wish if my HDD is healthy.

Thanks n Regards

You might be seeing a blue screen of a different shade from the one that usually has the Stop Error message which could mean you're logged in but some malware has changed your wallpaper and hidden the icons. Can you boot successfully into Safe mode by tapping Function 8 before Windows starts to load? If you get that far, click on the Administrator icon and post back what happens next.

crazyhype646

Distinguished
May 10, 2011
helo saga...good day!

when press F8, it shows "phoenix securecore (tm) nb" something like. then it goes to the blue screen. actually im abroad n the netbook uses my nephew. im giving u the information wat he gives to me. i guess its a setup utility. he says that it shows "F2 to enter setup" at the bottom. what should do with this?

Thanks n Regards

crazyhype646

Distinguished
May 10, 2011
F8 is HDD Recovery Tools in Toshiba i guess. The Advanced Boot Menu comes when press F5. But, when select Safe Mode, it loads drivers and then hangs on it. like "Multi (0) disk (0)..........." and so on. Even the "Last Known Good Config" doesn't help. could u pls help me to solve this?

Thanks

It does sound like the hard disk. If you want to go ahead and deal with this yourself, take it out, buy a cheap USB converter and slave it into another machine then run Checkdisk to find and fix any errors. While it's, take the personal files off to a place of safety in case you do need to reinstall on that disk or another. That machine has a 250Gb SATA drive so you need the right connedtion in your converter - SATA not PATA, also known as IDE. A replacement disk doesn't have to be as large if her storage requirements aren't that big.

crazyhype646

Distinguished
May 10, 2011
Thanks for getting back to me. And I'm sad to know that my HDD got damaged. Will a reinstall help her to bring back? Or is there any way to run CHKDSK on my netbook itself? What all i have to do if i have an external DVD drive?