Data DVD will not work, XP does not recognise DVD drive

I am unable to read data dvd, XP thinks the DVD is a CD
ROM drive. DVD Video discs play no problem.

I have upgraded the firmware on my DVD drive and still
have the same problem.

Can anyone help
2 answers Last reply
More about data work recognise drive

    Did you install any software for your DVD, XP cannot read such a disk
    natively.

    --
    Michael Solomon MS-MVP
    Windows Shell/User

    "Declan" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message

    > I am unable to read data dvd, XP thinks the DVD is a CD
    > ROM drive. DVD Video discs play no problem.
    >
    > I have upgraded the firmware on my DVD drive and still
    > have the same problem.
    >
    > Can anyone help

    What kind of DVD is this? For instance, some DVD drives have problems
    reading media created on some types of DVD writers.

    --
    Please reply in newsgroup.

    "Declan" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message

    > I am unable to read data dvd, XP thinks the DVD is a CD
    > ROM drive. DVD Video discs play no problem.
    >
    > I have upgraded the firmware on my DVD drive and still
    > have the same problem.
    >
    > Can anyone help

Configuration DVD Windows XP DVD Drives