killingzeasy

Distinguished
May 20, 2010
Hi,

Some people will note that I've raised several questions on these forums over the past few days with regards to Hard Drive connections and so on - well, once this part's sorted out I should be all set. (Thanks to those that have helped previously.)

I currently have four hard drives running on my system -
AMD Athlon 3500+ 64bit
Windows XP Home Edition

HD 1 - Maxtor 6L200M0 SATA - 250GB - attached via motherboard connections and IDE power cable (I think that's what it's called(?)
HD 2 - Hitachi HDT721050SLA360 (SATA/SATA II - Not sure) - 500GB - attached via SATA/IDE to USB Adaptor and IDE power cable
HD 3 - Seagate Barracuda 7200.12 SATA II - 500GB - attached via a card that fits onto the motherboard with a pair of data transfer cable ports and a split(1->2) IDE power cable)
HD 4 - Maxtor Diamondmax 23 SATA II - 500GB - attached via above means)

All drives are connected, initialized, given drive names and letters and so forth, and seem to be working absolutely fine - except... I can't get my computer to boot with the drives connected... I get a little way into the Windows Loading Screen and then it cuts out and re-installs...

I am presently disconnecting the three additional drives manually before restart and this seems to be working, and I can reconnect them manually upon restart without any trouble... how do I fix the booting up issue???

Help.
Regards,
KV

skare44

Distinguished
May 26, 2010
I too have had this problem, it seems to occur if you have OS's installed on any plugged in slave drives, but sorry, i don't know the solution...