Question about switching video cards

nikotene

Distinguished
Jan 4, 2009
ok i have a matrox g450 with a compaq evo d330 or something, and windows xp...and i want to be able to play my pc games but from what im reading i cant do anything with this damn card...would it be possible to switch from the matrox card i have now to a diamond video card and be able to download ati or nvidea drivers for it and it will still work??? sorry but i havent been into pcs since i was working with my dad over 11 years ago so i could really use some help on this...the games that im trying to play are WoW and halo and all that bunch but i cant use direct3d or anything like that with my present card and driver....PLEASE HELP!!!!!!!!!!

meodowla

Distinguished
Nov 23, 2008
Radeon 3850 AGP:
Radeon-3850-AGP,K-A-105706-13.jpg

nikotene

Distinguished
Jan 4, 2009
ok well heres the thing i just had a son and my wife wont let me spend money how i want :heink: ...u know, well i have a diamond multimedia viper v770 v card from another pc i have and i have the drivers and already tried switching it out without installing the drivers for the v770 but all i got was a blank screen. :fou: ..should i delete the drivers for the matrox then install the ones for the viper before i switch them out? I need a lil more help.. :??: .call me a noob if ya want! but i need help. THANX