Sign in with
Your question

Question about switching video cards

Last response: in Graphics & Displays
January 4, 2009 12:35:36 PM

ok i have a matrox g450 with a compaq evo d330 or something, and windows xp...and i want to be able to play my pc games but from what im reading i cant do anything with this damn card...would it be possible to switch from the matrox card i have now to a diamond video card and be able to download ati or nvidea drivers for it and it will still work??? sorry but i havent been into pcs since i was working with my dad over 11 years ago so i could really use some help on this...the games that im trying to play are WoW and halo and all that bunch but i cant use direct3d or anything like that with my present card and driver....PLEASE HELP!!!!!!!!!!

More about : question switching video cards

January 4, 2009 12:43:54 PM

So you need AGP 8x card...... then go for ATi Radeon 3850... thats the best you could get on Compaq evo d330
January 4, 2009 12:52:53 PM

Radeon 3850 AGP:

Related resources
January 4, 2009 11:24:47 PM

ok well heres the thing i just had a son and my wife wont let me spend money how i want :heink:  ...u know, well i have a diamond multimedia viper v770 v card from another pc i have and i have the drivers and already tried switching it out without installing the drivers for the v770 but all i got was a blank screen. :fou:  ..should i delete the drivers for the matrox then install the ones for the viper before i switch them out? I need a lil more help.. :??:  .call me a noob if ya want! but i need help. THANX
January 5, 2009 8:18:19 AM

would that cause unwanted problems with my pc. if i switch the card to a agp 4x and not a agp 8x?
January 5, 2009 8:22:17 AM

whats the cheapest v card i can get for my pc?
!