Sign in with
Your question

Best Heatsink/Fan Combo for Proc.

Last response: in CPUs
March 6, 2009 12:11:59 AM

First off, I had doubts about whether this was the right place to post this or not. If it isn't, I sincerely apologize.

Ok ya'll. I've got a rather noisy fan that I'd like to replace, and decided that while I'm at it, I might as well replace the heatsink, perhaps cool things down a little.

Specs:
Intel Pentium D 820 2.8 GHz
Socket 775 LGA
Mobo has screw-in fixtures for the heatsink, NOT PUSH-PINS!

The original fan and heatsink are cheap HP generics. I'd like to have something that doesn't make horrendous grinding noises when it speeds up and slows down. :D 

Looking for something mid-range, not too pricy. Something that does it's job well, and preferably, quietly.

I'll do some of my own investigating, but I thought it would be a good idea to ask around here for some of your opinions, as I'm sure you've had far more experience in such things.

Thanks ya'll!

Adm. Talon

EDIT: Well, I just found this little beauty, a Zalman CNPS9500 AT 2. Looks like an excellent heatsink, besides the lengthy install. From what I could gleam from it, it seems as though it would fit my processor just fine. Do any of you have experience with this one? And is there anything around that price that might work just as well, but perhaps a little quieter?
!