2gb DDR2 ram
400W PSU

well.. my booting freezes at verifying pool data
it happened all night... so i just closed my pc off
tried dis morning.. it again happen
i restarted ... entered the boot setup.. n quit it
now booting didn't stop..
but it takes hell lot of time..

n if u listen to some songs.. n open some site on net.. my songs get struk.. sounds like... grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

i don't knw why.. cuz i had bought d speakers yesterday..
my processor and mobo also came yesterday.. as they were just lying packed in my dad's office
my hard disc is also new.. cuz earlier hard disc i was having.. was corrupted n got it changed

pls help me out...

enigma067

Distinguished
Jun 29, 2007
http://www.gigabyte.com.tw/Products/Motherboard/Products_Spec.aspx?ClassValue=Motherboard&ProductID=2669&Pr

It is possible that the chipset on the motherboard does not support SATA II. The specifications certainly do not mention SATA II. The specifications only mention "4 x SATA 3Gb/s connectors supporting up to 4 SATA 3Gb/s devices".

"SATA" is typically in reference to SATA I and not SATA II NCQ/TCQ (Native Command Queuing/Tagged Command Queuing).

The specifications of the motherboard in question do not mention SATA II compatibility.

Most SATA hard drives sold these days are SATA II.

A SATA II HD running on a mobo that is SATA I compliant will behave similar to what you are experiencing.

If this is what's wrong.... the solution is a PROMISE controller card (PCI)

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16816102064

This is only a suggestion.

It sounds like your cpu is getting tapped out.

Open your task manager and watch the cpu performance.

Then play your songs and open the net. If your cpu is getting near 100%, it will studder until the usage starts to drop. P4 cpu's aren't good for multitasking.

Wicked_Sunny

Distinguished
Mar 5, 2009

well.. its just 4-5% cpu usage on doing that..
i have call some computer tech.

lets c if he can help tht out

thnks anyways guys

i'll bring back u d info..

JIMER1

Distinguished
Mar 6, 2009

RAM, RAM, AND MORE RAM. BAD RAM CHIP I THINK. HAD SIMILAR PROBLEM SO I CHANGED RAM AND PROBLEM NO MORE! ADDED 2 MORE GIG. RAM ALSO

mike99

Distinguished
Sep 9, 2006
Run manufacturers diagnostic on your hard drive. It may not show a fault now if it is working at present. 2 Gb RAM is plenty, but you could run Memtest86+.

Mike.

Belinda

Distinguished
Apr 14, 2004
If the HDD is SATA2 and motherboard is only Sata1 have you placed jumper on the drive to make it operate at SATA1 speeds etc.
I'm guessing BIOS is having problems correctly identifing the drive with it not being set to SATA1

I wouldn't recommend installing SP3. There have been some problems with it. But it's not going to cause any compatibility problems with your motherboard. SP3 may not have been out when the mobo review was put up.

Wicked_Sunny

Distinguished
Mar 5, 2009
well.. i have to tell u one more thing
earlier i was having AMD Athlon XP 2000+
Sis 740.. mobo
256DDR RAM

i used to occur this problem ( sound going grrrrrrr )
i thought may b cuz of RAM...

now in dis cpu.. all is new.. processor,, mobo,, hard disc..even ram

MY BOOTING TAKES NEARLY ABOUT 5 MINS.. :((

hmm.. is the PSU the culprit..?

mike99

Distinguished
Sep 9, 2006
I would suggest adding another Gb of RAM or adjusting the virtual memory. The RAM is a bit on the low end. Adding another Gb of RAM should help stop your pc from being tapped out.
XP will run on 512Mb, 1Gb is fine, 2Gb is plenty. The OP has had at least 2 suggestions to run Memtest86, which would eliminate this as a problem. I also suggested running HD diagnostic. I had this error many years ago on a system running Win98 and i think it went when I changed the memory, but it was a long time ago. He could try one stick at a time if he has 2 x 1Gb.

Mike.

marco324

Distinguished
Apr 19, 2006

on the same page scroll down a little runs in Windows
Version 3.5 is the preferred release. The 3.4 release is provided here as an alternative.

* Download - Pre-Compiled Memtest86 v3.4a installable from Windows and DOS

You're right, it will, but..

-It's obviously a RAM issue, all you have to do is look at the graph
-OP is using a slow kit DDR2 667
-It could be a faulty stick or something could be a resource hog.
-Either way, adding another Gb will replace a faulty one or add more resources to the current 2 x1Gb kit.
-xp will also use up to 3.25Gb of memory.