Problem with Xp on Quad-core

AudioLord98

Distinguished
Mar 6, 2009
I have tried installing this purchased version of windows xp x64 pro.
I have the VLK for it and everything.

Everytime I try to install it, afterwards I get the happy blue screen of death.:(
I've tried messing with the BIOS so many times I've lost count.
I have my hardware listed on here too.

what I didn't list was that I have my main OS which is Vista Ultimate, and I'm thinking
of revamping to Vista 7x64. and on the second HDD i have a slave version of Vista ultimate as well.
Don't really use it for much except testing programs and such so I don't wreck my main system.
I use it for hard-core WoWing,lol.

I'm a IT student engineer, I just don't understand window's setup with xp and the quad-core yet...anybody know what to do?

LumberWagon

Distinguished
Jul 24, 2008
Could be XP64 doesn't have the drivers for your sata controller (the F6 thing during install). The fact that it is quadcore should mean nothing until it is operable.

AudioLord98

Distinguished
Mar 6, 2009
Yes, it's all running extremely smooth and i double checked the memory.
it's all fine, and the motherboard has the drivers built in. onbaoard sata 3.0gb/s an all.

i'm trying to do a duel boot. and the only interesting thing i've read about it, is that my vista and both drives should be wiped clean before i try a xp x64 boot. because something in xp doesn't allow it to run on hardware or something that's been run by vista.

So i still have no idea. I studied my motherboard specs for an hour making sure it had the support for everything I have on xp. and it says everything is fine.