spathotan

Distinguished
Nov 16, 2007
I own the UD3P, its a really good board. I had some problems with it at first...alot of BSOD and random software compatability issues/crashes....windows updates failing... . At first I thought my HD was shot with bad sectors but it turns out this board does not like leaving the FSB-memory strap on "Auto" while overclocking. Set it manually and havnt had a single problem sense.

paranoidmage

Distinguished
Feb 9, 2008
The UD3P is sligtly more expensive because it has 2 ethernet ports and has 2 PCI-Express x16 slots, so you can set up a multi-GPU system.

The UD3R has only one Ethernet port and one PCI-Express x16 slot.

They both have the extra copper, that's why they have "UD" in their name. It stands for Ultra Durable. They are basically the same board. I would go with the cheaper one unless you want 2 Graphics cards or you want the 2 Ethernet ports for your internet.

mamw93

Distinguished
Jan 16, 2009
The more expensive one has an extra RJ-45 port, Crossfire support, and two less USB ports. Otherwise nothing but price.

raybob95

Distinguished
Mar 7, 2009
So if I don't plan to Crossfire or use more than one Ethernet port, then I can save $15 and get the UD3R, and have the benefit of an extra PCI slot? So basically they changed the PCI Express 2.0 x8 to a plain PCI. Which I'm fine with. :)