Bios Flash Problem

G

hello i hope that i am in the right place my problem is i have an extensa acer laptop 5635Z i download the bios flash from acer to the same type of my laptop and while am flashing it i got a blue screen so i can't boot the laptop i have a black screen can any one help me about how i flash the bios again :-s please

G

no nothing just a black screen if there is a way to get the old bios or use a probram can flash the bios :-s

ekoostik

Distinguished
Sep 9, 2009
What method did you use to flash the BIOS? What steps had you taken?

EDIT: If you updated while in Windows, in the future find another way to update the BIOS. Updating while in Windows can brick boards for many different manufacturers.

ekoostik

Distinguished
Sep 9, 2009
I've googled around. Haven't seen anything for your particular model, but the steps are similar for others.

1. Get a USB stick**

2. Download the latest BIOS, and put both FLASHIT.EXE and the BIOS file in the root directory of the stick.

3. Rename the BIOS file to ZG5IA32.FD***. Place the USB stick in your laptop (which should be turned off).

4. Make sure both battery and AC adapter are connected. Press Fn+Esc, keep it pressed and press the power button to turn the laptop on. Release Fn+Esc after a few seconds, the power button will be blinking. Press the power button once. The laptop will now initiate the BIOS flash, do not interrupt it under any circumstances. After a while the power button will stop blinking, and the laptop will reboot shortly after. Wait patiently.

5. The BIOS has been flashed and all settings reset to default.

If for some reason you made a mistake during the procedure and it doesn't reboot by itself wait 5 minutes before turning it off, just to be safe that it isn't still flashing the BIOS.

**The stick may have to be formatted as FAT16 or 32, though must are. Also, some sites said the USB stick should be formatted as a bootable drive, others did not mention this.

***I don't know if you really have to rename the file. Some sites claimed it was important. But they were also talking about the Acer Aspire One so it's possible the filename may be specific to that model. I would try the steps once without renaming the file. If that doesn't work, rename the file and try again.

If you want to see some more tips I found these by googling acer bios recovery

G

i was having a problem with Slackware checking the bios was slow alote and in the ACER web they put an update and they say that they fix something in i, ekoostik can i ask you to tell me a program name that i can Get the bios files from another laptop like my laptop?

ekoostik

Distinguished
Sep 9, 2009
I'm not sure how you would do that, or why you would want to. You can download the latest from Acer's site. I went through this site: http://us.acer.com/acer/service.do?LanguageISOCtxParam=en&miu10einu24.current.attN2B2F2EEF=3750&sp=page15e&ctx2.c2att1=25&miu10ekcond13.attN2B2F2EEF=3750&CountryISOCtxParam=US&ctx1g.c2att92=453&ctx1.att21k=1&CRC=2054404012
Select Notebook -> Extensa -> Extensa 5635Z and then click the BIOS tab. It shows the latest version is #3311 from 08-Feb-10.

Download that and then follow the instructions I listed above.

G

Ok Boss but i need me to name the Bios.zip in to Bios.exe or i take the file in it and rename it in to .exe :-?? cuz see

Download the latest BIOS, and put both FLASHIT.EXE and the BIOS file in the root directory of the stick whats teh flash.exe :| i didn't get it

Mreigma

Distinguished
May 5, 2010
hey 1st dunno why is my account is suspended :| 2nd you told me to put the Falsh.exe and the Bios files whats the Flash.exe? and whats the bios file? if u can explain please

G

The BIOS_Acer_XXX.zip ,just extact it ,then you'll find them under Dos_flash folder.