I think I'm hooked. I'd now like to built a Media PC for home. It'll be in the kitchen.
My Requirements for a system are:
1. Small form factor. E.g. no bigger than shuttleX
2. Very quiet. Silent if possible.
3. Low power consumption.
4. Video capable of Blu-ray playback.
5. On board sound is fine, this will not be the main AV system, it's just a kitchen machine.
6. Capable of running Vista 32 or 64 Ultimate.
7. Bluetooth media remote (PC will be out of line-of-sight).
8. Main Use:
This will be a general home PC used for MS Office, some photoshop, internet, research. Which, at the flick of a button on a remote can become a Media centre. Music, TV and movies in that order. Media Playback from internal drive or network (Readynas). Viewing/recording digital broadcast via dual tuner card.
9. Not much requirement for 3d. No gaming.
I will probably go for a raptor 10,000 rpm HDD as this is great in my other PC.