Windows XP Pro Updates

matty

Archived from groups: alt.comp.hardware.homebuilt,microsoft.public.windowsxp.configuration_manage,microsoft.public.windowsxp.general (More info?)

Ladies and Gents

Having just reinstalled XP Pro on one of my machines, and gone through the
lengthy process of all the required updates etc etc, I was wondering if its
possible to save these downloads rather than auto-install?
As i am unable to get broadband yet, this would save me alot of time.
For info, all my machines (4 in all...networked) have pre SP1 WinXP Pro, and
I have SP1 on CD. The updates post SP1 I would like to save on cd.
Is there an easier way rather than individually d/l all the updates from ms?

Cheers

Matt

Archived from groups: alt.comp.hardware.homebuilt,microsoft.public.windowsxp.configuration_manage,microsoft.public.windowsxp.general (More info?)

On Fri, 9 Apr 2004 10:40:34 +0100, "Matty"
<matt@slippeddiskneggersspam.fsnet.co.uk> wrote:

>Ladies and Gents
>
>Having just reinstalled XP Pro on one of my machines, and gone through the
>lengthy process of all the required updates etc etc, I was wondering if its
>possible to save these downloads rather than auto-install?
>As i am unable to get broadband yet, this would save me alot of time.
>For info, all my machines (4 in all...networked) have pre SP1 WinXP Pro, and
>I have SP1 on CD. The updates post SP1 I would like to save on cd.
>Is there an easier way rather than individually d/l all the updates from ms?
>
>Cheers
>
>Matt

Well there is the free Windows Security Update CD, recently updated to
include through March '04. It has SP1, DirectX 9b and a few other misc
patches on it.

http://www.microsoft.com/security/protect/cd/order.asp

Archived from groups: alt.comp.hardware.homebuilt,microsoft.public.windowsxp.configuration_manage,microsoft.public.windowsxp.general (More info?)

On Fri, 9 Apr 2004 10:40:34 +0100, "Matty"
<matt@slippeddiskneggersspam.fsnet.co.uk> wrote:

>Ladies and Gents
>
>Having just reinstalled XP Pro on one of my machines, and gone through the
>lengthy process of all the required updates etc etc, I was wondering if its
>possible to save these downloads rather than auto-install?

Not after you installed them. You have to do a network/Windows catalog
download beforehand.

>As i am unable to get broadband yet, this would save me alot of time.
>For info, all my machines (4 in all...networked) have pre SP1 WinXP Pro, and
>I have SP1 on CD. The updates post SP1 I would like to save on cd.
>Is there an easier way rather than individually d/l all the updates from ms?

Get the update CD.

>Cheers
>
>Matt

Archived from groups: alt.comp.hardware.homebuilt,microsoft.public.windowsxp.configuration_manage,microsoft.public.windowsxp.general (More info?)

also if you dont want to order cd go through the lengthy process of sorting
through the windows update catalog
and search through with help of the installation history and search and
download updates that way
if you dont have the catalog options then go to Personalize Windows Update
and select the catalog that way it will appear on the lower left of your
update window